v.

a/n: sorry not sorry oh and homophobic slurs

"Nice going, fuckface!"

"How is this my fault?"

"You know Stan is funny about . . . that kind of shit! At least, his parents are."

"Just because his parents are doesn't mean he is!"

"What if he was? You may have just ruined their friendship!"

"Please, we all saw him kiss back-"

"-CAN YOU ALL SHUT THE F-FUCK UP?!"

Bill had stayed silent through most of Bev's and Richie's petty argument, the only movement from his body being that of the tears streaming down his red cheeks. But when Richie brought up the kiss, he snapped, only stuttering on one word as he full-on screamed at them.

After a good thirty seconds of the Losers staring at him like he might rip their heads off, Eddie gently abandoned Richie's lap to console him. He cautiously reached out, praying Bill wouldn't bite him or something crazy, and pulled the stuttering boy's head into his shoulder.

Bill broke into uneven, heavy sobs, weakly wrapping his arms around Eddie's middle like it was the very last thing to hold onto. He hated himself for crying over something so stupid. He should've seen this coming. The thought of his kiss with Stan made him scream into Eddie's shoulder in pure anger.

Eddie shushed him and hugged him tightly, rubbing his shoulders. Eddie knew. Deep down, Eddie always knew. He'd barely changed facial expressions when Bill came out to him in eighth grade. And no matter how much he constantly teased Bill about Stanley, no matter how many times Bill denied the accusation, Eddie always knew. He wanted to bury Stan for causing Bill this much anguish.

The Losers watched heartbrokenly as their once great leader crumbled, wounded and desperate for care. And in that moment, they wanted to bury Stan too. Every one of them, except for Richie, who was mulling over every life choice he'd ever made and regretting most of them.

But this one, this dare, he would never regret. Even though Bill was a mess and Stanley was being an utter dick, he wouldn't regret it. Because Richie knew too. Richie didn't notice the same things that Eddie did, because Eddie was a lot closer to Bill.

No, Richie noticed all the things with Stan. He noticed the way Stan's eyes lit up when Bill walked into the room. He noticed Stan's small but prominent smile and rosy cheeks everytime Bill talked to him. He noticed how upset and pissy Stan got when Bill wasn't around. And Stan didn't have to flat out say he loved Bill for Richie to know. Deep down, he knew.

It's a wonder Richie and Eddie didn't trade information at some point, considering they're practically attached at the hip. How could they not have put two and two together by now? How could they have been so blind?

It didn't matter now, what's done is done.

Richie placed a gentle hand on Bill's shuddering back, trying to ease and quiet his sobs, "Hey, Big Bill, I know. I know it stings, but at least you got some action, amirite?"

Bill slowly lifted his head from Eddie's shoulder, and the glare that graced his features was so mean, Richie was temporarily convinced he was about to be obliterated. Beverly kicked Richie's shin from the side.

"Okay, okay! That was uncalled for!" He apologizes profusely as Bill puts his head back down. "Look, Billy, I know how much you like him, and I can't imagine how much all of . . . that must have hurt, but I need you to hear me out on this. I really think Stan likes you-"