I need to talk about RBB

Hello gays

I need to rant about Red Velvet's latest comeback RBB a.k.a Really Bad Boy.

Before you punch me in the throat, listen to me.

RBB is a great comeback.

Concept? Great

Styling? Amazing

Title track? Eargasm

B-sides? Ohh yeahhhh 

Now.

I know we shouldn't compare RBB with Bad Boy because they are very different songs, from different eras, ect. But the lyrics and the overall message of RBB is very underwhelming. Im actually the last person to care about lyrics. Like I don't care if a song is about flying french fries, if it's a bop, it's a bop bruh.  But... omg where do I begin?

In Bad Boy, Red Velvet were in control. THEY were bad. And fck, I love bitchy, fatal Red Velvet. So I was really excited when I heard about Really Bad Boy. Only to find out it was a song about girls falling in love with a guy who isn't good for them but they still give in because apparently girls get wet when boys are not nice to them or something? I honeslty don't know.

They went from "You want me? Alright but be prepared to get your ass destroyed" to "Omg you're so bad, I really want to get into a toxic and unhealthy relationship with you

I AM DISAPPOINTED. 

Alright so we'll go through the lyrics of the english version together shall we? (minus the chorus because all it says is OH MY GOD HES A REALLY BAD BOY lol)

Irene: Kickin' it with my girls let's party! Sipping on milk and chocolate sundaes!

Seulgi: Having such a good ass time  (lol ) now all I need is that one guy.

So up to that part there's nothing much to say, Red Velvet are just having fun and crushing over a guy, everything's pretty normal

Yeri: Bang Bang Pow! He's a really bad boy, how he plays with hearts instead of playing with his toys. 

So I kinda like this line because Yeri is actually exposing him and also mocking him by saying he should be playing with toys instead. (Good job baby Yerim)

Joy: And I don't really care cause I'm really in love.

Andddd that's where the bulshit begins. So basically what Joy is saying here is basically she knows he's a player but she doesn't care because she loves him. How cute is that.

Joy: Mine, mine, mine, mine

Well Im sorry to tell you that Joy but that guy  seems to also bang all of your bandmates so umm

Joy: I know, that I need someone to look after me and all I do

So,  in that song, the girls thinks they need someone to basically monitor them and make sure they do shit well because you know, girls are a bit weak and stupid sometimes lol. 

Oh, Sooyoung sweetie.  First of all, you don't need anyone. You are able to look after yourself as much as everyone else.  But if you actually want to get in a relationship, then what you need is someone that will accompagny you through life, with respect and complicity. 

Seulgi: But no one else makes me smile the way you do

Translation: I know you're bad and toxic but I only have you and I don't want to be alone. 

Remember that even if it seems like that, you are never alone and if you feel like you deserve to get in a relationship with someone who doesn't give a shit about you or your feelings then it shows a big self-esteem problem, and you need help. 

Yeri: You're a bad boy, and you're bad for me

Again, good job Yeri. Now go talk to your unnies please

Wendy: And I know that I need someone to look after me and all I do. But no one else makes me smile the way you do.

What? You too, Wendy??? 

Irene: You're a bad boy and you're bad for me

Seulgi: You're a bad boy and you're bad for me

SO WHY ARE YOU STILL CHASING AFTER HIM?????

UGH

To be completely  honest, I shouldn't care. Most kpop songs have either really stupid or slightly problematic lyrics and I don't give a shit. 

But for some reason, I really expected RBB to have refreshing and badass lyrics like Bad Boy and they let me down.

YOU LET ME DOWN SM, AND I DONT LIKE THAT.

Anyway kids, drink a lot of water, tell your mom you love her and stan Red Velvet