The Haunting of the Sasagawa House: 2

Saturday had come too fast. In all honesty, Tsuna would rather that the Sasagawas and Hana be out of the house while he was doing his thing, but Hana trusted him as far as she could throw him and Tsuna doubted the Sasagawa parents would believe anything of the supernatural in general. Tsuna knocked on the wooden door of the house reluctantly. It swung open and Kyoko's friendly smile greeted him on the other side. "Tsuna-kun! Come in!" He shuffled past her awkwardly only to see Hana and Ryohei in a heated discussion. "Ryohei, you cannot just punch a ghost! First of all, they don't exist. Secondly, your fist will just pass right through it!" The white haired boy frowned at her. "Of course I can extremely punch it! The power of my extreme will will overwhelm it!" Hana groaned, facepalming. "Oh my god, Kyoko tell him he can't just punch a ghost!" Kyoko giggled as she handed Tsuna a pair of guest slippers. "Shouldn't you be asking Tsuna-kun that?" The two turned expectantly towards the nervous brunet, who jumped. "Well, Sawada?" Hana said impatiently. Tsuna's eyes flicked to the door then back at Hana and Ryohei. "Uh, well you can't punch a ghost-" Hana gave Ryohei a triumphant look. "-But you can with a set of iron knuckledusters." They turned to stare at him. "...What?" Hana stood up. "No way that's-" Ryohei jumped up from his seat on the couch. "I WAS EXTREMELY RIGHT! I CAN PUNCH A GHOST!" Hana glared at him then back at Tsuna. "No way that's real! Ghosts aren't even real!" Tsuna shrugged her off. "It doesn't matter if you believe in them or not. They exist whether you believe they do or not." He set down the duffel bag on the floor next to him. "Where are your parents?" Tsuna asked, looking around. Kyoko answered him from the kitchen. "Oh they're still at work! They'll be home soon though." Tsuna examined the living room. It was... homey. He wondered if the Sasagawas all sat down in the living room to watch TV together and laugh and talk after dinner. Longing filled his chest. He shoved it back down. Job first, crushing sadness later. Tsuna made his way into the kitchen, where Kyoko was preparing drinks and snacks. "Where do you usually feel the cold spots?" He asked, making Kyoko jump. "Oh Tsuna-kun, I didn't see you there! I usually sit over there," she said pointing at the chair nearest to the doorway to the living room and hallway. Tsuna stood behind the chair and closed his eyes. There were traces of dark rage, just barely there. "Did anything happen between the last time I was here and today?" Kyoko tilted her head thoughtfully. "I heard the scratching noises again and some stuff was thrown around and knocked over. But nothing happened today strangely enough." Tsuna frowned and looked at the clock hanging over the doorway of the hallway. It was evening, and the sun was going down. That meant the activity happened largely at night, usually when all family members were at home.

"When did you say your parents would be getting home?" Tsuna asked. Kyoko set a glass of orange juice and a bowl of chips in front of him. "They should be in a couple of minutes." As if on cue, the lock of the door jangled and the front door opened. A women with auburn hair like Kyoko's but in a loose bun shuffled in, purse tucked underneath her arm and dressed in blue scrubs. "I'm home," she called out as she slipped off her shoes. She stopped short at the sight of Tsuna. "Kyoko who's your friend?" Kyoko smiled at her mother. "This is Tsuna-kun from my class!" Kyoko's mom stared at him for a moment. Ryohei and Hana poked their heads into the kitchen. "Sawada Tsunayoshi," Hana added, only then did Kyoko's mother recognize him. Her grin was much like Ryohei's. "Oh! You're Sawada Nana's kid aren't you? Wow, how've you been?" Tsuna clammed up a little at the mention of his mother. "I've been good." Kyoko's mother nodded and clapped his shoulder in good nature. He flinched anyway. "I haven't seen you since you, Kyoko, and Hana were in kindergarten! You've gotten so much taller! I haven't seen your mom around much either! How is she?" Tsuna tensed up instantly. Did she not remember? How could she not remember? The Sawadas had been the talk of the town all those years ago after the incident. "Tsuna-kun?" Kyoko's voice jarred him from his thoughts. They were all looking at him strangely. "Oh, um, she's doing fine." Kyoko's mother seemed to finally sense his discomfort and withdrew the hand she had on his shoulder. "That's good. Oh, and you can call me Hikari instead of Sasagawa- it'll be simpler that way." Tsuna nodded stiffly. "Oh and your dad will be home soon! We're having omurice tonight!" Hikari said to her kids and disappeared up the stairs.