Mother of Mine

My mother was a sweet woman, kind, gentle, and stern. Her name was Maya Lilian Hart. She was named after my late grandmother Maya Evelyn Hart, who was a strong and independent woman that raise five kids all on her own. Grandma loved all her children equally and she let her children live and learn from their mistakes. Even so, she was never over bearing  and let her children explore the world.  Grandma Evelyn died of severe stage four lung cancer at the age of fifty-three. It was a sad time for everyone. Mom, aunt Mary, uncles James, Jimmy and Bryon were tearful and upset. The service was peaceful and sad. Five years after that my mother pass of the same cancer the killed grandma Evelyn. Papa was very sad and angry that I thought  he might go into some type of depression. Six  months afterwards, my father begin to drink all weekend and try to stay sober during the week. Often I stayed with my aunt Mary, my cousins Mandy and Luke. Aunt Mary's  husband is an activity duty marine. I love staying with my aunt Mary, she is like my mother and she made sure I had something to eat in my stomach ,and have clothes to wear. My father wouldn't even notice that I was even gone through out the week. On the weekends I would stay and spend some time with him. But even so my father way of spending  'father- Daughter'  time together is drinking and watching the football game. I was always alone when I went to my father's house. I just wish that if he really couldn't stay in the old house with the memories of mom then, he would just move out. Months afterwards, my  aunt Mary demanded that my dad give her full custody of me. My father also demanded to see me on the weekends, but aunt Mary said that if he went to rehab. On March 23, 2005 my father signed over full custody of me to my aunt. After 11years, I am still living with my aunt and uncle. Me and Mandy have grown together like sisters. Luke has become more like a big brother to me. My dad is still in rehab and have to go through some counseling. I am finally 16 and a sophomore in highschool this year. Though I have had my fair of bullies over the years,but Mandy and Rosetta help me through it all.

   My name is Lena Maria Hart
    And this is my story from me      to you.