Talk

A stronger dose of medication again... When will he learn? There is nothing to chain me down. No matter how strong, no matter what type. We are stuck together. And if he doesn't leave this damn hole of a house soon... I may just go even more insane. Assuming that's even possible at this point.I wonder if I could still take over forcibly... I really haven't done that since the war though. He's not that hard to push around, I'm sure it would be easy. I'll give that hero one more chance to drag him out before I do. And we all know we don't want that to happen~ 

Flippy rubbed the sleep from his eyes. No matter how long he slept, he always had dark circles under them and still felt worn down. He has read the directions on the bottle a thousand times but still downed four pills at a time on an empty stomach. He was living off the food Splendid brought him at this rate. Not that the pain in his stomach bothered him anymore. 

He was still standing under the hot water when he heard the door open and shut. He sighed deeply, knowing he would have to leave the shower soon. He managed to drag himself out of it and dress and met the hero in the kitchen. Splendid was quiet as he entered, only setting the cup on the table. Flippy knew this silence all too well. It was the same tension Sargent had when Fliqpy had gotten out of control or if he needed to talk to him about something just as serious. His stomach dropped as he quietly sat in the chair. He hung his head, not bothering to touch the cup. Instead, he opted to look at the table, studying the stains and minor damages. 

Splendid took his time sitting himself at the table. He noted how Flippy looked barely alive at this point. He even already had his head hung down, like a puppy who knew he was in trouble. Flippy sure was good at picking up such minute details. Though.. the hero figured maybe he was too focused on being angry towards the other. The tension was much higher than he intended. They sat in silence for a moment, each second making Flippy more anxious. He wanted to break the silence, but fear kept him frozen in his seat. He didn't know why Splendid was so angry at him and he didn't dare ask. 

"I ran into Sniffles last night."

Flippy's heart dropped and his face went pale. Oh no. 

The veteran didn't move. 

"He said you asked for a higher dose on your medication."

Splendid waited for a response of any sort, but Flippy was a statue. 

"I... I'm a little disappointed, Flippy. I thought.. I thought you could trust me and tell me anything. Especially with something important like that." 

Flippy only nodded softly. He desperately wanted Splendid to be angry with him or anything else. Just not disappointed. Anything but disappointment. 

"Where you going to tell me? Or did you think I wouldn't find out?"

Flippy could already feel himself tearing up. He kept his gaze fixated on the table. His hands gripped at his sleeves. "I... I was going to tell you.. I just didn't know how... I thought maybe.. you would be so disappointed in me... and I was right.." It was barely audible as his voice cracked. 

The hero's heart broke a little. Maybe disappointed wasn't the right word... "Flippy, I would never be disappointed in you. I'm glad you're starting to get help again, really. I just was hoping you would trust me enough with this information is all. I want what is best for you. I thought we trusted each other." 

Flippy shook a little. Dammit. He broke Splendid's trust. He'll never forgive him for this now. He will never me again. He will never be able to gain Splendid's trust again. He fucked this up again. Why do you have to always screw everything up!? 

"I.. I'm sorry Splendid... I.." Flippy trailed off. He didn't dare say anything else. He would only make things worse. Splendid will only hate him more if he started to ramble again. It was best if he just stayed quiet. That way, he couldn't do anything wrong. Just stay in his seat, not moving. Don't look at him, don't move from the seat, do not say anything else until spoken too. 

Do. 

Not.

 Make. 

This. 

Worse. 

Obey. 

That is all he is good for. 

Splendid studied the veteran. The gears were turning, it was clear. But his body language said fear. Flippy was holding back his tears, head hung low. He was gripping his wrists, digging them into the skin. He was petrified. Splendid didn't understand why. They were just talking and establishing their feelings. But something about Flippy wasn't connecting. This was not normal for him. He was used to being told what to do and say. 

"Flippy..." Splendid didn't know what to say to comfort him. "It's okay. I'm not disappointed. I'm not angry. I'm just worried. I promise. I just want to make sure you're okay." 

"I am fine.." Flippy said automatically. It didn't even register to him anymore. 

Splendid was a little shocked at how robotic Flippy's response was. How often did Flippy have to say things like that? "No, you're not. It's okay to not be okay, Flippy," he replied.

"I am fine, Sargent, sir." 

The blue haired hero stared at him. Flippy was on auto pilot at this point. The fact that it was second nature for the veteran to be able to just spit that out as he had tears streaming down his face was... disturbing, to say the least. What did this Sargent do to him?

Splendid got up and silently walked over to the shaking man. Flippy was fixated on the object in front of him. He braced himself as Splendid stood in front of him. Splendid watched Flippy instinctively tense up, as if he was bracing for impact. 

The hero only silently got to his knees and very carefully wrapped the damaged one in a hug. He felt Flippy tense up more but slowly relax as he realized what was happening. The veteran wrapped his arms around the hero, sobbing in his shoulder. Splendid only patted his back. If only he could have a moment with this Sargent at this point... 

"I'm sorry Splendid..."