Chapter 1 The unforgettable lack of luck

Sunday. The last day of the week, and what most would assume the best time to have leisure time to themselves or family; Even not worrying. Yet that was different for me.

It wasn't because tomorrow was the first day of school, or because it was already twelve O'clock in the afternoon on a Sunday. It was much worse.

I force myself up from my purple-covered bed, and hurriedly run down the stairs, to the front door's velvety covers. Then, forcing the light fabric away from the translucent glass, i stare out to the other side of the road.

There, stood a large two story house, that was a light-bluish shade, with its wooden plank-like design, to the beautifully crafted limestone entrance, and it's small lovely garden that oversaw the entire right side of the yard.

But, what disrupted it, was the large white and red moving van, that sat still in the middle of the driveway, where nearby, two men were pointing and talking about i assumed was the house. And, a little further up, a little girl ran excitedly back and forth with her mother, who was sharing a bright smile with the little bundle of energy.

Then he came. I watch him step out of the house, wearing a face of disinterest, as i watched his mouth open and close, while he approached the two men.

I continued to watch his brown hair hug his pink ears, and further down to his strong looking jaw, and immediately i become enamored as i imagine his blue-green eyes again for the first time in forever.

"So..serene.." I sort of mumble to myself with a half-hearted sigh.

He looks towards my direction with a wide look on his face.

Then looking in my actual direction, he just stares at the house. Or was it me.

In his bright blue hoodie, he begins to cross the road, still looking in my direction with even a new look on his face. Lively. Purpose. No longer lost.

Oh no.

In panic, i pull the velvet back in place, and let out a nervous pause of breath as i listen for his movement.

"Tap! Tap! Tap!" His feet pound the outside of the porch.

Does he actually remember that i liv- "Maverick! Come back over here! We got more boxes to unload!" I then hear that familiar rough voice of his dad's, and carefully poking my fingers though the velvet, i see him up close facing me.

In his blue hoodie, blue jeans, and black shoes, he stared back at his dad, his hand stopped inches from knocking on the door.

"But. Dad, i believe Eileen lived here." I then hear his lovely, even casual sounding tone of a voice, say with slight annoyance.

His dad across the street puts his large hands on his hips, his hand moving annoyingly.

"Son. If you wanted to date Eileen , you had all the time in the world before we moved!" I hear his dad hollar, as Maverick's face tightened up in slight embarrassment.

"Dad!" I hear him yell, while i lightly giggle at Maverick's reaction, yet at the same time, i wondered on that thought.

If i were his girlfriend. That would be amazing..No, what the heck is the matter with me?

I shake my head at my thoughts, yet still watched.

He turns back around, and reaching his hand up, he slams it down once.

"Knock!" The door moaned, as Maverick's hand made contact with the door, but before the second one could come, he stops again.

"Maverick ! Boxes! Eileen may not even live there!" His Dad then yelled, as he stops his fist upon the door, and looks down for a moment with a sort of stray look, as if thinking.