Nine

It took me a couple of days before I finally ventured out of the bedroom, let alone the house. Even still, I had been here for just over a week and I had left the house a total of two times. Once because Aunt Piper wanted me to help her with the grocery shopping and the second time was because I just needed to clear my head outside the house. Thankfully the house had a pool and the summer air was still here.

It was refreshing, getting outside and taking a dip into the pool. I swam up and back, lap after lap, letting the water rush around my body as I took a quick breath before swimming to the other end without coming up for air. My lungs burned, as I pumped my legs and arms quickly to reach the other side of the pool. I came up the moment my hand touched the pool wall and I gasped for air.

I leaned my forearms against the edge of the pool, taking in deep breathes of air to help my lungs. Air was just what I needed in my lungs. I let it course through my body and looked forward to the wide outdoor space. I saw a few people milling around, walking through the forest paths, jogging or walking. Everyone seemed to be enjoying the sunshine and heat, just like I was.

For one split moment and I mean a moment, I thought about what the Twins were doing. I knew Uncle Gerard; Alpha Christiansen was in his office having discussion about rebuilding outposts and outer houses. Aunt Piper, Luna Christiansen was gardening with some of the elders around the territory. Cousin Gerard was at school, most likely stuck inside, taking classes. And well, who knows what my mates were doing. But it was a split moment that I asked myself what they were doing.

I shook my head of the thought. They hadn't cared about me, asking me what I was doing. They didn't ask how my day was or what I was doing for the day. Every day for the past week and a bit, all they said was hi and bye, maybe a kiss on the forehead. They occasionally asked me if I would take the bed instead of the window seat that I have been currently sleeping on. Aside from that, I was just some random guest staying. I wanted to scream at this, I wasn't being treated right; in my eyes I wasn't.

I took another deep breath in and then dived back under the water and continued to do laps of the pool to keep myself active. I was bored staying inside but there was not much for me to do since I knew the Twins didn't exactly want me wondering the territory or even showing me off. Whatever men did around here to show their mates off. I was just something that was living in their bedroom, right at this moment.

The pool was refreshing, but my legs and arms started to ache from all the movement. I swam back once more, letting the water flow over my body and my hand touched the wall. I swam up, breaching the surface of the water, I walked to the steps that were leading into the pool. I swayed my hips, treading the water with my feet as I walked to the bottom step. Stepping up, adjusting my bikini bottoms and my cropped top, I took the final step and rinsed my hair.

I bent down to pick up my towel when I heard a couple of wolf whistles and I turned around. Not only were there a bunch of shirtless, well-toned men staring at me. But both of my mates were growling and glaring at the men who had just taken a good look at me. I smiled and waved to the bunch of men, wrapping my towel around my waist and finding my water bottle, which I was in dire need of.

Slurping down the water quickly, I felt a presence on me and I knew exactly what it was.

"Alphas," I smile, capping my water bottle back up, "and gentlemen." I noticed the group of men behind them. Both of my mates glared at me and I knew what they wanted, despite the fact that I didn't want to, I unwrapped the towel, dumping it onto the ground and picking up my sleeveless sundress that I threw over the top of my bikini. "Better, I assume?"