Chapter 1

I was woken up, by the banging on my door. "Tala!" it was my childhood friend, Thomas. The loveable dork. He often joke flirted with me. He knew it got on my nerves, so that's what drove him to do it. He was overprotective, and a little bit of a- "TALA M. WULF, IF YOU DON'T GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW-" My thoughts were quickly scared off, as Thomas started screaming his stomach out. I quickly grabbed my bag, and tossed it over my shoulder, for today would be another day of torture. I left without paying attention to my dad screaming his head off, with a horrid mother following suite. I rushed out the door, but not before flipping off my abusive parents. Yeah they were abusive. It was mostly mental abuse, except when they were REALLY angry then, and only then, would it be physical. Thomas had gotten used to it by now, he knew that I was stubborn and wouldn't say anything, so he kept it to himself. "Ready to go?" He asked me with a goofy grin on his face. "Not the slightest bit, but we're going regardless right?" He raised an eyebrow "Yep. Unless you want to spend the day with them?" He shoved his thumb towards the two wardens of my second prison. And instead of answering, I just started walking the fastest I ever had in my life. He caught up with me, and looked with that, punch-able, goofy grin plastered onto his face. "I thought so," he said with a tone of triumph. He handed me a energy bar, as he started to munch on his own. "You're not talkative today, are you?" I looked at him, "Am I ever?" He just shrugged, "Either way today is going to be great!"