Advent Event - Meeting Isaac in the library

"For fuck's sake!" A muffled curse echoed through the deafening silence of the library. "Who puts those books here, of all places?"

You looked up from the book you were reading and your heart skipped a few beats in your chest when you noticed where the curses were coming from.

Isaac Lahey. Member of the Beacon Hills High Lacrosse team. The boy with the golden hair and the most beautiful blue eyes you had ever seen. And unaware that the only reason you came to the games was him.

"It's a library..." You stood up from your seat and walked towards him. "Although..." You stared at the pile of books Isaac had almost tripped over. "I do admit that they shouldn't put the piles of books on the floor. I assume someone was getting them back to the right spots and then got called away and forgot about them." You bent down to grab the books and stared at the codes on the spines. "I'll put them where they belong so you can walk around the library safely again." You turned around to walk away, but surprisingly enough Isaac grabbed your arm and forced you to stand still.

"Sounds like you actually know something about this stuff and such..." He murmured and you turned back to face him again.

"I come here daily. It's my safe place. No one disturbs me here and I can read an study as much as I want without being called names." You bent your head and your cheeks heated up. Normally you really weren't this talkative, but for some reason the nerves made you blurt out everything you shouldn't say out loud.

"O, good." Isaac nodded, slightly absentmindedly. "I mean, it's not good that you need such a place of course, but it's good that you come here every day. I need help." He let out a deep sigh. "I forgot this assignment for English and if I don't pass, coach won't let me play this weekend." He licked his dry lips. "I really have to find a brief and easy to read version of Romeo and Juliette, like right now."

You straightened your back and lifted your chin. "It's your lucky day." You smiled. "I know something far better than a brief and easy to read version." You waited for a short moment and than you pointed at yourself. "Me! I know all about Romeo and Juliette. I can read parts of the script out loud and discuss it with you, so you get a feel of what the story is about."

"Isn't it about a naive girl and a stupid boy who fall in love even though their families bloody hate each other? And then they both end up dead?"

You opened your mouth to say something, but swallowed when you didn't find the right words. Eventually you shrugged. "Yeah, I guess that's a brief summary of it. But, it's written very beautifully and even though we see the end coming, it's still a very enjoyable read."

Isaac smiled back at you. "Thank you..." He nodded. "I'll never forget this, ever. If you ever need something, well, something I can give of course, just let me know?"

You bit your bottom lip. "What about..." You hesitated and shifted your weight from one foot to the other. "I help you with this and then you ask me to be your date to the Winterprom?" You were sweating all over your body now. "Look, I know you're a lacrosse player and I'm just a nerd, but I've never been to a prom before and with you as my date, people might actually for once not laugh at me!"

Isaac cocked his head and then he reached for your free hand, squeezing it softly between his palms. "They're idiots. They have no idea who they're laughing at." He licked his lips and strangely enough it was one of the most sexy things you had ever seen. "We have a deal." He smiled and you smiled back.

You had to keep yourself from screaming and shouting and running around like a maniac. Instead, you gathered all calm you could find. "Well, I'll put those books away and then let's solve the problem called Shakespeare, I guess."