Chapter 4

As they got to the end of the path where they went their separate ways, Levi stopped her by grabbing her arm. He hugged her and she hugged her back.

"I love you." He whispered in her ear.

"I love you too." She answered as they broke away.

"See you tomorrow?"

"Yep, sit near me on bus."

"Ok, bye."

"Bye."

As they walked away from each other Phoebe couldn't stop herself from smiling and she could tell that she was blushing. She couldn't believe it that in a matter of hours she had gotten a boyfriend, lost a friend, lost that boyfriend and gotten another boyfriend. She had to tell someone but who she had made the promise not to tell anyone. She decided that she would just write it down in a note on her phone.

When she got home her phone connected to the wifi and the first thing she did was sign into her snapchat and message Levi. There conversation went on for over two and a half hours and they just talked about everything they possibly could, there wasn't a dull moment. Eventually they said goodnight and went to bed.

The next day she woke up and checked her phone and saw that there was a snapchat from Levi sent at 12:00pm, she opened and all it said was 'I can't stop thinking about you.'

When she was walking to the bus stop she saw Levi, they smiled at each other. They hugged and she never wanted to let go. When they got to the bus stop they just kept smiling at each other and standing together. Levi's friend Conor kept trying to split them up by standing in between them. When they were on bus Levi sat right behind her and Savannah.

"Hey can I ask you something?" Quizzed Phoebe.

"Yer, what is it."

"Does Conor like me?"

"Yer he does."

"So is that why he is always acting weird around me."

They walked to P.C. together, saw each other at lunch and recess and walked home together. The next day she heard that Daniel was dating Jazmine and they had been the reason that he had broken up with her.

The next day she had to leave to go to the funeral of her great grandfather. It was a devastating day, he family came to Port Macquarie from all over Australia. Her family loved get togethers but this one wasn't a good one. Most of her family haven't been to a funeral since 2009 when her uncle died. When the funeral started she looked around the room and saw people who she had never seen cry crying, she didn't know how she was going to cope when she had to get up and read. All the grandchildren and great grandchildren went up and placed a flower around the bottom of the coffin. She was in charge of her three little siblings and her baby cousin. When she got up there she saw that there was a photo of her with him there and ones of him with other cousins as well but when she saw this one she started to cry. She had never cried at a funeral. It was her time to get up and speak so she wiped away her tears and took her speech up.

"Good morning everyone and thank you for coming. This is a devastating time for everyone and it has effected everyone in different ways. Pa was not only a father, he was a son, a grandfather, a great grandfather, husband, a brother,a leader, a builder, a teacher. He was respected by everyone he met and could fix every problem with a bit of negotiation. He loved to fix things and build things, even when he was sick all he wanted to to was build. When all my cousins were in town he would get all the bikes out and set up the garage as our playroom. When ever I was there I would have to go find him for some sort of meal. One of my latest memories with him was during the holidays before my aunties 50th birthday, we were going through old photos trying to find ones of her and he would tell us stories about every five photos. I am really going to miss him and I don't think I am going to be the only one." She looked up and saw that what she was saying was making people cry. "He will always be in our memories and in our hearts. Now I would like to play a song." She walked over to her guitar, picked it up and started playing thousand years by Christina Perry. "Thank you." She said when she finished

As she walked down the stairs of the church she noticed that even more people were crying at her last line. The ceremony finished and everyone filled out onto the street and walked behind the coffin down to the car. They all got in their cars and drove to the graveyard. As they they got to the graveyard they waited as the priest had got ready and the music had started. The priest said a few words and they started lowering the coffin into the ground. All children, grandchildren and great grandchildren got asked to put items on top, they had an option of flowers or paper tools. Everyone went back her great grandparents house for the wake. As Phoebe walked in the door she was mobbed by hundreds of people coming up to her and saying how well she did at her speech. For some reason she always found that her family could turn a bad time in to a great memories. They had lots of lollies, soft drink and played lots of games. It wasn't until 9:30pm that people started to leave but Phoebe stayed out there with all her cousins for the night and the next morning they all went home.

But when she came back to school she spoke to Levi about how they are going to let people know.

"I'm going to tell my group of friend, how about you?"

I'm just going to tell two people, who do you mean by your group?"

"Savannah, Mali, Aria, Alison, Jessica, you know the group I sit with at recess and lunch."

"Oh that group, ok then let's go."

As they walked away she was smiling. Her friends all walked up to her and started asking her lots of questions.

"What was that about?" Asked Mali.

"Is there something going on between you to that we don't know about?" Aria quizzed.

There were lots of questions but she only said one thing.

"We're going out!"

"Really, for how long." Is all she heard from all the commotion.

"Well, since that Daniel day."

"Really, why didn't you tell us?"

"Because we wanted to keep it low key in a way, but now we an just be together."

The whole group went quite for a moment.

"What?" Phoebe asked turning around. As she turned around she saw that Levi was behind her.

"I forgot to tell you this before but I'm repeating year nine." Said Levi.

"Really OMG that's great!" She exclaimed. "But why."

"Because I feel like I haven't done as well as I have wanted to, but it's just and extra bonus that I get to be in the same grade as you."

"You guys are SO cute together!" Screamed Savannah.

"Thanks." They both said at the same time.

Levi wrapped his arms around Phoebe's waist, for a moment no one else was around. It wasn't long before Levi's friends interrupted them and took him away from her. By the time the bell for P.C. had rung half of year 8 and half of year 9 knew that they were going out. They walked to P.C together and walked to their first class together.

As they walked home they discussed what they were going to do about telling their parents.

"I'm not quite sure yet." Said Phoebe

"I'm going to tell mine cause I don't think they will really care if I have a girlfriend."

"I think I will tell mine tonight when all my siblings are in bed."

"Yer that sounds like a good idea that way there are no interruptions."

"Yer last time I had a boyfriend I didn't tell them who it was but this time I'm not ashamed to tell them that it's you."

"Why were you ashamed to tell them his name?"

"Because there was a song that rhymed with his name."

"Oh ok, that makes sense."

"Bye."

"Bye see you tomorrow."

As she walked home she looked behind she to see that Levi was dancing down the street with his brother he turned around and screamed out to her.

"I LOVE YOU!"

She blew him a kiss in return.