One Shot

AN:

'Tis I, a writer, togetherslapper of words.

//

There was a ringing in Waverly's ears but she ignored it, blissfully swaying to the beat of The 1975's bass lines. Her and Chrissy were lost in the syncopation. There were bodies surrounding them but all at a respectable distance, everyone preoccupied with living their best lives. As the night inched closer to midnight the more freedom they experienced, it was exhilarating. Chrissy untangled herself from Waverly, but she didn't mind. There were other friends near her who she hadn't danced yet, she was going to make the best out of this winter break.

When Chrissy returned she found Waverly tangled up with Rosita, both girls singing the lyrics to "Uptown Funk" at the top of their lungs. She joined her pals just as Bruno Mars was going to "give it to them", and placed drinks in her friends' hands. "Hydration is important, ladies. Bottoms up." She cheered.

"Waverly is already standing." Rosita quipped while bumping Waverly with her elbow. "Thanks, Chrissy, I forgot to pace myself tonight. I'm p sure I'm not sober." She slurred before chugging her water.

Chrissy laughed at her friends' antics but soon returned her attention to Waverly, who had gone quiet. She followed the brunettes line of sight, already knowing who she would find on the other end. "You know who else is thirsty?" She said with a sly smirk on her face, voice loud enough to cut through Waverly's reverie.

Rosita looked up from her cup to Chrissy and then to Waverly. Eyebrows wiggling in knowledge. "Go get your woman, woman!" She all but yelled, pointing at the redhead who was laughing carelessly with Wynonna by the kitchen.

That was all the incentive Waverly needed, with as much grace as she could she finished her water and passed the cup off to Chrissy. She knew she had a couple drinks too many by the way her feet seemed to kiss the ground sloppily.

Chrissy and Rosita huddled together as they watched their friend make the short journey from the living room to the kitchen. "She's such an idiot," Chrissy said through a soft chuckle.

Rosita hit Chrissy's shoulder. "Hey, don't be drunk, she's just rude." Rosita chastised.

Chrissy rolled her eyes, "c'mon, you need to get home." She tried to usher Rosita out of the makeshift dancefloor. "There will be Advil, more water, and spooning." She said in a cheery voice.

Rosita stopped in her tracks, knocking into Chrissy's front. "I cannot spoon." She turned around abruptly to face Chrissy. "For I, am a knife." She raised a finger to the air to further prove her point.

Chrissy brought her arm down, barely holding in her laugh at the face Rosita had just made. "Oh, honey, you and I both know you're the little spoon." She turned Rosita around and led her through the small crowd of people. Just before stepping out of the homestead, she caught a glance of Waverly standing in front of Nicole. Chrissy couldn't help the smile that crossed her face at the sight.

"Hey, Waves." Nicole greeted the petite brunette. "Are ya' havin' fun?" She was halfway through raising a beer to her lips when saw more than heard Waverly's reply. It was as if Waverly were in slow motion, her lips forming the word before the sound moved past them.

"Hi."

Nicole blinked a few times, just to make sure her eyes were not deceiving her. With a tilt of her head, she spoke again. "You okay? You seem..." She said paused with a smile. "Nevermind. Do you want a drink? Wynonna put me on Whisky guard. You know that girl loves her a good hard liquor."

"Yeah, me too," Waverly said, eyes never leaving Nicoles as she stepped closer.

Nicole laughed, "well, alright." She pushed up from the counter and looked behind Waverly for a second. "Do you think I could give Wynonna the slip? I kind of have work in a few" Her eyes landed back on the brunette. "Hey, are you sure you're okay?" She placed a hand on Waverly's shoulder, eyes shining with concern.