Chapter 2 "The Carriage"

Luna's POV

I was making my way through the crowd, trying to find Harry Potter. The owl I was carrying was very adorable. He was twittering lowdly all the way. After a couple of minutes, I finally found them. They were standing outside a carriage being pulled by a Thestral. Ah, the Thestrals, such misunderstood creatures. I gave the owl to Ginny's brother, whom I had overheard being called Ron.

"Here, you are. He's a sweet little owl, isn't he?"

"Er...yeah...he's all right," he said gruffly. "Well, come on then, let's get in...what were you saying Harry?"

I saw Harry trying to show Ron the Thestrals, desperate for his reassurance. I suppressed a giggle; it was amusing seeing Harry Potter trying to make Ron see them. Finally, Harry gave up. Ron entered the carriage, leaving Harry outside, looking baffled and really confused.

" It's all right," I said, trying to reassure him. " I've been able to see them since my first day here.

"Really?" He asked, looking at me.

I felt weird inside, Harry was staring at my eyes. I couldn't help but look at his too. They were a bright emerald color, almost shining.

"Yes. Don't worry, you're just as sane as I am."

I turned back and smiled to him as I climbed into the carriage. Harry entered behind me and stared outside the window for a moment. He looked so confused... I felt weird inside, amused, but also... a weird sensation towards Harry.

"Did everyone see that Grubbly-Plank woman?" Ginny suddenly asked, breaking my thoughts. "What's she doing back there? Hagrid can't have left, can he?"

I then thought of Hagrid, everyone at Ravenclaw seemed to think he was a dummy. He also wasn't the best at teaching.

"I'll be quite glad if he has," I said. "He isn't a very good teacher, is he?"

Everyone seemed to disagree though, because all of them exclaimed angrily, "Yes, he is!"

"Well, we think he's a bit of a joke in Ravenclaw."

"You've got a rubbish sense of humor, then," Ron told me coldly.

I wasn't surprised at his tone, people usually used that tone when I tried talking to them. I just stared at him. I always did this when I tried to understand a person better. After a while, we finally arrived at Hogwarts. Harry got out first, then me. I saw him looking towards Hagrid's house. I felt sympathy towards him. Although I couldn't see why, he really wanted Hagrid back.

We made our way up the stairs and into the great Hall. I went to the Ravenclaw table and Harry and the others towards the Gryffindor table. I usually sit by myself at the Ravenclaw table, being alone gives me peace. This time however, and for some strange reason I didn't know, that night I couldn't stop looking at Harry Potter all the way through dinner.