#finale

Hoseok was squished in the middle of the massive group hug but once he noticed Hyungwon was coming, he pushed his way out through all the other players, leaving them hugging each other. Instead, he skated to Hyungwon, dropping his helmet down on the ice and throwing arms around him in a tight hug that pulled him off his feet.

Not wanting to be outsiders, the two them joined the others in celebration. Hoseok held onto Hyungwon the whole time so the guy wouldn't fall since shoes were much more slippery on ice and people were pushing from everywhere.

Some time of celebration later, they were forced to calm down since it was time to hand the medals. Both teams formed lines opposite of each other and at the end of those lines, some organization representatives were standing with gold and silver medals along with some other prizes that would be awarded first.

"Hoseok, why are you standing here," coach Choi hissed to the player standing next to Hyungwon, after whom there were only the coaches and other important persons of their team. "You're the captain."

Hoseok just shook his head with no intention to move to stand in front of the line where he should have. 

"MVP of today," the guy with a mic said and turned to the person next to him who was holding the award. "From Pucklions... Shin Hoseok."

The players of both teams applauded, some excitedly and some because they had to. Hyungwon playfully slapped Hoseok's butt as the captain skated to where the awards were given. He shook hands with all the representatives and accepted his award. Standing still to pose for a few pictures before moving to stand in his right position since they needed to accept their medals soon.

One more award was given and after that, Blue Wings received their silver medals before Pucklions got their golden ones.

Half an hour later they were in the changing room, singing trot songs with off-key voices with no hurry at all to leave the game place. The atmosphere was better than ever in the steamy room filled with noise.

"Are you joining us to bar?" Hoseok asked, separating himself from the group of singing people and moving to stand close to Hyungwon.

"Of course I am. Why would I miss that," Hyungwon said cheerfully.

"You're going to have your surgery tomorrow," Hoseok put his hand around Hyungwon's waist. He sounded nervous as he was, thinking about Hyungwon on an operating table.

"Don't think about that. Let's just focus on celebrating the win," Hyungwon gave him a smile. He hadn't been thinking about the surgery at all and didn't want to. He just thought is as a normal doctor's visit. While Hyungwon had been more nervous than Hoseok about the final game, Hoseok was more nervous than Hyungwon about the surgery.

"Captain!" Minhyuk pushed through the players to Hoseok with a phone in his hand. "Put on the next song. Who is coming to shower!" he yelled out and started taking his clothes off as did almost everyone else.

Hoseok chose the song and set the phone aside. He started singing along to 'We are the champions' while looking at Hyungwon with a wide smile. They were left alone in the changing room for a moment with loud singing coming from the showers. Hyungwon didn't need to shower and Hoseok didn't want to leave him alone.

-

six months later...

-

"Good evening, Coach Chae," Hyungwon could hear someone say with broken Chinese. He turned around and saw Hoseok, approaching him with a big smile and smiled in return as well.

"Is your practice over already?" he asked in Korean. Hoseok came next to him and leaned on the board with his elbows.

"I skipped the end so I could come watch you coach," he said, examining the kids on ice to see which kind of young 14-year-olds Hyungwon was coaching.

"Hey, you can't go skipping practices. You're a rookie here," Hyungwon smacked his shoulder and Hoseok pretended like it hurt.

"Rookie where? I'm well respected in my team!" he raised his voice, rubbing his arm where Hyungwon had hit him.

"Respected where? They stripped you and threw you in an ice bath on your first day here," Hyungwon scoffed and turned back on ice to see his kids.

"That's a tradition!" Hoseok yelled and Hyungwon just let out a laugh, ignoring him. Hoseok had had a little hard time when he was a new player on the team, a foreigner on top of all that.

He had moved to China almost as soon as the season had ended and Hyungwon, recovering from his surgery, had came with him. Hoseok had recommended him as a coach to a team in the same crew he was going to play in. Few months into the rehabilitation, Hyungwon received the news that his knee wouldn't be strong enough for him to play ice hockey properly again. He had since then only focused on coaching only as he realized it made him much happier than any other career would.

"Okay boys, gather up!" Hyungwon yelled in English  at the young boys skating freely around the rink. They switched directions and headed towards him, forming an uneven circle around him. "Rest well, okay. I know it's Friday and you want to stay up playing games but try to focus on tomorrow's game," he told them with a mixture of Chinese and English.

"You can leave now," Hoseok said to the kids in Chinese and Hyungwon glanced at him because he wasn't finished yet. He opened the door that was next to him for the kids to get out.

"Why are you in such a hurry," Hyungwon asked, turning around to lean on the board next to Hoseok.

"I want to get back home with you already," Hoseok complained in a cute voice. Hyungwon rolled his eyes.

"We are always home together. Don't you ever get sick of it," Hyungwon asked.

"I would never get sick of you," Hoseok fake-pouted and Hyungwon felt bad for his choice of words. "Do you get sick of me?"

"No! I just meant, should we go on a date or something," Hyungwon showed him a small smile. Few of the kids looked at them although there was no way they could make out what the two were talking about.

"What kind of date?" Hoseok asked with a suggestive voice. "Netflix and ice cream?"

"I was thinking about something as nice as a restaurant but ice cream sounds nice too," Hyungwon walked off the ice after all the kids had already left.

"How about," Hoseok put his arm on Hyungwon's shoulders and held him back. "Let's eat some hotpot, then buy ice cream and eat it at home while watching Netflix. We both have a game tomorrow."

"Sounds good," Hyungwon said. He took Hoseok's arm off his shoulders and held his hand instead. They walked out the ice hall to Hoseok's car to start driving to a hotpot place where they already ate together at least once a week, and would continue doing so as long as they were around.

-

this ending feels empty but it's a happy one so what more can you ask for?

thank you for liking this story and i hope you will support my future fics too (: