Chapter Four: Birthday Dinner and Opening Presents

I'm sorry it took so long to publish an update! I didn't know how to properly continue this story so I took a break away from this one so I knew how to get the emotions and setting just right. I also edited some of the other chapters so there's a correct description of Hermione in this story. I changed the words Mrs. Granger to Hermione. She divorced Ron and is dating Draco but she didn't tell Danni that because she knew she had too much on her plate about her mother already. Anyways, I hope you enjoy!

Danni

People start coming towards me and I couldn't feel any more antisocial than I do now. I would've been fine with just a muggle movie or spending time with my friends from Beauxbatons. No, father had to go all out to seemingly prove that he could do better than that. This is a rather forceful shove into the social circle of people like father. Being pulled from my thoughts when someone I don't recognize comes towards me with a small emerald green gift bag.

"Happy birthday, Danni." Says a woman to be around my father's age.

"Thanks." I reply with the smallest of smiles.

I move to open the bag when father stops me with a small frown. "Wait until after the party when it's just us."

I narrow my eyes at him before nodding. "Okay."

I set the bag to the side on a seperate table and the presents keep coming and coming and coming to the point where I'm setting things on the floor. I get hugs from people I don't know and it's starting to be rather uncomfortable. Eventually people stop coming to me and instead we all decide to sit down at our respected tables and have dinner. I slump in the chair, looking down at the heels I so stupidly decided to wear tonight instead of flats. Menus were magically floating in the air towards us and being set directly in front of our faces. I pick up my menu, scaning all of the available items with interest. I frown at everything on it...none of it screams to me as special. None of it seems to be anything I like either. I look at the steak choices and raise an eyebrow at it.

"Find anything you like Danni?" Hermione whispers towards me, looking up from her own menu.

"No ma'am." I reply, looking down at the menu again.

"May I suggest something?" She asks.

"Sure." I shrug my shoulders, looking up to where her finger was pointing at, hidden in the far corner of the menu.

The dish that she was pointing to was described as a chicken breast stuffed with mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, and spinach while the top was covered in melted goat cheese and more tomatoes and a pesto sauce. The side was a bowl of their house salad with any dressing I wanted. I tilt my head to the side, actually liking the sound of it. I look up at her with a small smile.

"That actually sounds good. I think I'll go with this one." I reply.

"And to drink?" She asks.

I scan the choices quickly before smirking to myself before wiping it off my face with a total look of seriousness. "Vodka." I reply.

Father's eyes snap up to meet mine and I stare at him with indifference. "No." He replies.

"Why ever not?" I question, placing my elbows on the table and proping my chin on top of my folded hands.

"You can't have alcohol in the wizarding world until you are eighteen unless of course it is firewhiskey or butterbeer." Father responds, looking me dead in the eyes.

I roll my eyes. "I was joking anyways." I huff. "I was waiting for someone at this table to freak out."

Father eyes me before placing a hand on his chest and his eyes grow wide and gasps quite sarcastically. "Oh dear! My daughter wants vodka!? What has this world come to?"