Chapter Four

After hours of begging her parents, they finally agreed to let Sarah hang out with Michael. "Be good, and don't give anyone any trouble, got it?" her father sternly said, eyeing her mother, whom also nodded. "We will be calling there once every hour if we have to, just to see how you're doing. And if they tell us you're acting up, we will not hesitate to pick you up and ground you. Do you understand?" her mother crossed her arms as Sarah hugged them both excitedly. "I won't mom! I'll be good, guys, I promise!" Sarah grabbed her coat and ran out the door.

Running to a payphone, she called Michael's bodyguard Bill, whom then notified Michael about her arrival. Bill arrived shortly after, the big black Escalade blew smoke from the exhaust. It was in the midst of November, December soon approaching, cold as ice. Sarah could feel her heart beating rapidly. "This is it.." she quietly said to herself before she took a deep breath and got in the back seat. "You must've been freezing!" Bill said, as he drove from the sidewalk. "Oh yes sir, it's like -8 degrees out there." He managed to form a smile on his face. "Well, you're warm and safe now. Mr. Jackson is very excited to see you, he's been talking about this all day." The car ride was silent then on out, and quite long, but Sarah didn't mind. At least she could see all the beautiful lights.  After a long hour passed, they reached the gates of a large mansion. Bill stopped the car and buzzed for assistance. A voice came through the other side, deep as the ocean. "Who is it? If you are here for Mr. Jackson, state your name and the reason why you're here." Bill sucked his teeth and laughed. "Matt, open the damn gate, it's Bill." Without hesitation, the gate slowly opened, revealing more of the view of the large home. Bill got back into the vehicle and chuckled. "Sorry about that, he likes to play around." she smiled.  "It's no problem sir, who is he anyways?"

"Oh, Matt? He's another person to protect Mr. Jackson. He just takes over gate duty sometimes; and please, call me Bill, you don't have to call me sir." Sarah nodded. "Yes sir- I mean Bill." and did a salute which made him grin wide.