When all else failed, where were you ? Part 2 of 2

A/N: This took me SO long to write, the end is kind of just rushed. Sorry about that
_______________________________________

"I, Tony stark, am sorry. That kid, is my world, but he's hurt. No, I didn't show up on time, Yes, I was a terrible terrible person, let alone mentor. But that kid, is strong, he'll get through it..Its not like he's gonna die..."

"And if he doesn't, Anthony ? Even if he doesn't die, who knows what mental state he'll be in..."

"I'll be there for him..."

"Anthony, his anxiety levels increased to a death defying rate, him falling asleep helped nothing. The cameras prove that he willingly fell asleep. As for that kid, you plan to press charges ?  I say he deserves it"

"You bet I'm pressing charges"

"Good, he definitely chose the wrong day to mess with Mr. Parker over here. Peter, was having a Sensory overload, one of his worse ones. His senses were dialed up to 27 which possibly caused his reflexes to work at a slow pace. And then you didn't show up..."

"No need to remind me of where I faltered"

"of course. He's due to wake up any minute now, though, I'm not sure how long he'll be up. That panic attack did a lot to him..."

"Thank you."

"It's no problem, Tony"

                                      ***

"Mr. Stark...?" Peter croaked out, he sat up instantly just to be greeting with the pain that was building up in his back. Instinctively he layed back down.

Tony breathed out a sigh of relief as he heard the normally cheerful boy say his name "I'm here Peter."

"Oh my... Mr. Stark, I'm sorry..."

"Don't be."

Peter looked down at his hands, "did I bother you, Mr. Stark ?", but Tony instantly answered him "Bothered, No. Worried, of course"

"Peter..." Tony breathed out,"Panic attacks...? Sensory overload? Bullying ?.. Were you ever gonna tell me about it ?"

Peter chuckled a little and dramatically flopped on the bed, "I wasn't planning on worrying the so called 'Emotionaless Billionaire'...I thought you'd drop everything. But I didn't want to bother you. Either way, I was wrong.." Peter sighed, he looked at the ceiling as if it suddenly held the answer to ending all hunger.

"Peter...."

"Where were you, Mr. Stark ?" Peter said, cupping his chin into his hands and turning the other way as he tried to fight back tears.

"I was counting on...you. But...you didn't come"

"Peter"

Tony reached out to put his hand on his shoulders, yet, Peter smacked it away as his anger built up. "I thought you cared about me! You said you'd be there for me!" Peter looked down at the watch and sighed "Why'd you even make this watch ? To taunt me while it beeps?! So I can believe that you care?"

"...I made the watch to protect you..I wasn't aloud to leave the meeting I was in...even if I wanted to. Then my watch -that's connected to yours- stopped beeping. I simply forgot that it went off...." For once in his life...Tony Stark was sorry.

Really sorry.

"Peter I'm sorry, just please....forgive me"

Peter pouted as he came to forgive the man, realizing that it'd kill both of them if he stayed mad for too long "you're lucky I believe in second chances" he mumbled.

Now, Acknowledging that the kid had forgiven him, Tony sighed, which happens a lot these days "love you, kiddo"

"love you too"