ONE

A sick feeling has pooled into Grace's stomach, leaving a bitter taste in her mouth

A sick feeling has pooled into Grace's stomach, leaving a bitter taste in her mouth. She has a bad feeling about the mapping run in Sector Seven, happening fifteen minutes from now. Bellamy told her about it earlier this morning and she's been having trouble concentrating on her work ever since.

She strides into the garage late, mumbling apologies as she makes her way to Rover One. Bellamy is standing at the back of the vehicle, loading supplies alongside Miller. The redhead quickens her pace at the sight of him.

"I'm sorry," Grace sighs. "I got distracted."

"It's fine," Bellamy says, smiling down at his girlfriend. "We were just finishing loading up. We'll be leaving in a minute."

"Yeah, you're late," Miller retorts, grinning. Grace shoves the boy, who laughs and walks off to speak with Monty.

"Hey!" Gina taps the redhead on her shoulder, catching her attention. The redhead turns, smiling at the girl. "I got you what you wanted."

"Thank you." Gina passes the wrapped item to her with a small frown. Grace places a comforting hand over the girls, smiling gently. "I'm sorry. I know you hate that place."

"It's no problem," Gina replies, glancing back at the curly-haired man. He's speaking with Monty, loading up the last of the supplies. "I think he'll really like it."

Grace unwraps the cloth, revealing The Iliad, a book that Bellamy mentioned his mother sometimes read to him as a child. During her stay at Mount Weather, Isaac informed her that there were many classics on Greek mythology in the library, so of course Grace had to find something for Bellamy.

"Me too." Grace turns on her heel, stalking towards Bellamy who waits with a small smile, having finished his duties. She leans up to kiss him, slowly slipping the book into his hands. When she pulls away, he stares at the item with his brows drawn in recognition. "Isaac showed it to me in Mount Weather, and I remembered you saying your mom read it to you. I don't know— I thought you'd like it."

Bellamy smiles softly at her. "I do. Thank you."

"Of course," she replies, fighting a grin.

"Hey, lovebirds!" Raven calls from the front seat of the rover. "We're late enough as it is. Get a move on!"

"Alright, alright!" Grace says, backing away from the man with her hands raised in defence. "We're coming."

Grace pulls herself into the back of the rover, falling into the spot behind Raven's seat. Monty and Miller climb in, moving to sit across from Grace. Raven watches as Bellamy places his book in his pack for safe keeping, then climbs in.