do what makes you happy

After we finished eating, Matt said he wanted to show me one of his favorite trails. I followed him closely, occasionally grabbing onto his arm as we walked up hills and over fallen branches. The air was cool and I shivered a bit. Trees surrounding us blocked the suns warmth.
"So, wall," Matt said, looking over at me as he placed a cigarette between his lips. "Tell me about yourself."
I shrugged and thought for a minute before I spoke.
"Well, I lived with my dad for most of my life before coming to california to live with my mom. I stayed when I moved out of her house, I like it here."
"What do you like to do?" Smoke came out of his mouth as he spoke.
"Writing, but i'm not very good at it, music, art. Makeup and hair, I planned to go to beauty school but it just never worked out."
"You can dye my hair for me!" He laughed, watching me intently as I walked next to him. Our hands brushed up against each other.
I shook my head. "I'd fuck it up."
"Can I say something? I don't want you to take it the wrong way though." Matt stopped at an old wooden bench, names were engraved into it and it was covered in sharpie.
"Shoot." I said, sitting down and bringing my knees up to my chest. Matt stood over me as he took a drag from his cigarette.
"You don't seem very confident in your ability's. That's not an awful thing, everyone doubts themselves. I definitely do, but fuck it, ya know? Who cares if your music sucks, your art, writing or makeup. As long as your having fun and doing what makes you happy, write  shitty music, poetry or whatever. Embrace it. Fuck, Stephenie Meyer wrote twilight and that book is complete ass."
I laughed, shaking my head as he rambled on. "You read twilight?"
"Maybe." He muttered under his breath and sat next to me.
I took the cigarette out of his hand and placed it between my lips, taking a long drag and then blowing the smoke out.
"Ya know, smokings bad for you." He smirked as he rested his hand on my knee, rubbing his thumb against it.
"Ya know," I mocked him, "a lot of things are bad for you. Dyeing your hair, not washing your makeup off, pizza, following random boys into the woods. But fuck it."
"Fuck it." He repeated, taking the cigarette back out of my hands.

We decided to head back once it started getting dark.
"You don't know what's out here. Coyotes and shit." As Matt said.
Once we got back to the car he turned it on and drove off. We listened to music just as we did on the way there, not talking much but I was okay with it. It was a comfortable silence.
"I had a really good time." He spoke, "Can I tell you something?"
I nodded, shifting my gaze from the window to look at him.
His hair was messy, sticking up in places but fuck it looked good on him. I couldn't keep my eyes off him, a smile on my face.
"What?" He looked at me.
"Nothing."
"To be honest I just got out of a relationship, I don't want you to feel like i'm leading you on or anything so I just want to tell you now I can't do any relationship stuff, not now at least. If that's what you're looking for. All I know is that I had a really good time tonight and I'd love to get to know you better and see you again."
"Of course," I smiled. "I feel the same way. We just met and I didn't really expect anything to come out of this, but if something does eventually I won't be mad at it."

liked by kevinabstract, camwall, aminablake and 712 others himattchampion: shittttt

himattchampion: shittttt

kevinabstract: :)
camwall: amazing
load more comments