Greatest Showman AU

Mr. Barnum played by: Fury

Mr. Carlyle played by: You

Anne Wheeler played by: Clint

----------

From afar, you watched the acrobat swing on the trapeze. You didn't know who this person was, but the way their body moved was mesmerizing.

"Who is that?" you turn to Mr. Barnum.

"That is our trapeze act, Mr. Clinton Barton." you watch as he swings through the air in amazement.

"He's amazing." you say breathlessly. Mr. Barnum looks at you with a smile.

"Indeed he is. Would you like to meet him?" your eyes widen slightly for a moment, right before you nod eagerly.

"Yes please." The two of you walk over to where he is flipping in the air. He hangs upside down and sees the two of you. He then flips over and swings your way, his hand stretched out as if begging you to join him. A slight smirk graces his lips and you cant help but smile back.

"His stage name is Hawkeye." Barnum adds in. "Mr. Barton, if you would come down for a moment?" He gracefully flips and lands on the platform the two of you were standing on.

"Can I help you Mr. Barnum?" you could tell he was nervous by the way he kept fidgeting with his hands. He would glance at you occasionally and wipe his palms on his shorts.

"This is Mr/s. Carlyle. A possible partner." He says with a smile. Clint turns to you looking less nervous.

"Nice to meet you Mr/s. Carlyle." He says with a bow. He looks up at you mid bow with a mysterious glint in his eyes.

"And to you as well." you respond, smirking kindly. "May I talk to you in private?" you ask. He looks over to Barnum and receives a nod.

"yeah, follow me." he leads you to a small private room off to the side. It had costumes of all kinds and colors laid out everywhere. There was even a bow and arrow.

...

You continue! what is it that you wanted to ask clint?