Children's Tales

Think like a child, to a child world may be like a playground full of joy, adventure and where friendships with other kids were established. To all the parents out there, have you ever thought of such a good way to maintain a closer bond with your kids? I guess this is not just playing with them or accompanying them to a Dairy cream to buy their favorite ice cream. I have always thought of this being an aspiring Mom to be, on how to establish a stronger bond with my future kids in a way that I can develop them to be a great kid we've always been hoping them to be- and this is by telling them a bed time stories. A story that wont only make kids excited, nor help them fall asleep fast, but something that will shape them as an individual and will always leave a great lesson in their lives as they grow up.

I was a child back then, and in the absence of my Mom my Father like any other parents on Earth used to tell me stories before I go to sleep. This includes Snow White, The Three Little Pigs and Cinderella, but there was a story he made that was inspired from the actions I was manifesting at home especially during meal time. Just like a normal kid I used to play while having my meals, I have to put plenty of rice, fish and veggies on my plate, and then I will scatter it on the table and eventually dropped it on the floor. It was a big mess but I don't really care. I left my food and ran to the living room and play. I wasn't aware I was just playing and wasting at all.

 This is what my father usually tells me and it is like a tape recorder keeps playing over and  over  again. "Do you know how many Filipino children are starving on the street? Most of them could not even have their meals three times a day, and some of them scavenged their food out of leftovers dumped into the garbage site- and there you are wasting all the foods that abundantly given from above." I know how sincere my Father was by telling me those things, because I knew he was only telling the truth, and that's the reality.

The next night, I asked my father to tell me stories about Fairies and Witches in our town because that has been my favorite tales, however he rather told me a kind of story that I will never forget until now. This story, somehow changed me and helped me realized even at a very young age how to value and give importance to a very simple thing.

Out of that tales I came up with a great idea of writing a new story, this story is entitled "White Mountains", I chose this title as it symbolizes the basic food in the Philippines the so called rice on a plate, a story inspired by my beloved father and a story I am proud to share to all the children of today. Now, are you ready to listen to my stories? If you are ready turn the next page as I take you to a place you never heard of...