chapter 2

On the plane King Alpha, Angelo is going over the portfolio for all female citizens in the Bloodstone wolf pack. His beta, Carlos, is sitting beside him filling him in on details of each. Angelo interrupted his beta's rambling, " I thought Alpha Charlie only had 2 daughters, Who is this?"  He pointed out a name on the list.  His beta explained that Carlotta was ''adopted" into the pack & why. He brought out pictures of her. 

She is beautiful, I thought. The next pictures were not so pretty, however. It was pictures of the scars left on her by alpha Charlie's son Nicco. My wolf growled in anger seeing the abuse the poor woman had to endure. If the man wasn't already dead I'd kill him for abusing some poor innocent human! She must be pretty tough to have survived with only the scars. Then Carlos explains further that she had been recovering from the last rape & beating when he went down in that plane, & that she also survived 4 days without food or water chained up in some cabin. Speaking in Italian, "That's one tough human female." I said thinking out loud. "I agree." said Carlos.  Going back to the original  picture, looking at it closer, I notice the sorrow in her eyes, but also something else in her expression intrigues me. I am fascinated & would like to get to know her, I bet she's pretty interesting. I don't usually pay humans much attention, but there's just something about this one.... I can't quite put my finger on it though.I put the pile aside & close my eyes, we still have 3 hours left before we land.  I drift off for a nap but have some weird dreams all of them with Carlotta's face in them.

Back at the Bloodstone mansion

Emma & Alice run into my room squealing & giggling. "What's up with you two?' I ask.  "Oh Carlotta, we are just so excited that one of us might be King Alpha Angelo's mate!: squeals Emma. Laughing at them I am secretly jealous. Ever since they have explained how werewolves have destined mates that will love, cherish & protect them always I have been somewhat envious of that. After suffering the abuse of one first hand, I think I would love to have a destined mate to protect me & never let another male touch me.  Emma spoke again, "Papa sent us to talk to you, we must explain The details of the Alpha king's visit & what is expected of us." She continued, " There are certain rules concerning the Alpha king. Since he is King, when we are introduced he will take your hand & kiss it. As papa tells him your name you must curtsy out of respect for his position as royalty, keep your head down & do not speak unless he speaks to you first."  I interrupt,,, "What do you mean introduced?  I am NOT  his real daughter, by blood nor am I a were! I had planned to blend in with the servants!"  Alice looked shocked, & exclaimed, "Carlotta! you cannot do that! You will disrespect father! He has taken you in as a daughter. You Have to be presented!"  "But,,, I am human!" I almost cry.  "It doesn't matter that you're human, sometimes humans are mated to weres too!"  says Emma.  I am shocked, Charlie knows I sometimes have panic attacks around male weres, But I don't want to disrespect him either.  So I know I must attend the introductions. Then Alice giggles & says something that really scares me. "As King Alpha he also has the right to visit any females chambers at night so long as it's within the Alpha's or Beta's family. I  Have secretly always hoped that he would visit me, but it's rumored that he has NEVER visited any females chambers at any of the packs. He would make a divine lover, I know your experience was cruel Carlotta, but you know first hand the stamina of a were, & alpha's have more stamina than anyone!" she gushed. Oh my, I am definitely locking my door tonight! I thought. "Alice!" I exclaim, " I can't believe you would not save yourself for your destined mate!" You would give that up for one night with the king?" I ask shocked.   "Only for a chance with the King Alpha." she replied dreamily sighing.  Oh brother! She's got it bad! I thought. 

about an hour later I was talking to some of the servants in the corridor about arranging some fresh flowers in the guest house for the kings arrival. Out of nowhere, Toby (the prankster in the household) rushes up behind me singing off key I might add "Carlotta,, Carlotta,,,,, Where are your shoes???" As I turn to face him he grabs me up swinging me around dancing down the huge hall.  We were all laughing at his antics when we heard a ferocious deafening growl reverberating throughout the whole mansion! 

As I enter the front hall of the Bloodstone Alpha's mansion, I smell the sweetest smell! It smells of vanilla & lavender. I've always hated lavender, but this smell is AMAZING! '' MATE''  my wolf growls at me! She's here! I thought, I follow the smell around the corner paying no attention to the servants scurrying to bow & curtsy before me. There I spot her, & she's in the arms of another male! My wolf was angry, "How dare he touch our mate!" He growled at me.  When everyone noticed me standing there they all started scurrying to line up forming  long semi-circle of bowed heads & curtsied females. Leaving my mate looking around puzzled until she looked up & realized who I must be. Then she too hurried over & joined the line of servants who were all either standing or curtsying with heads bowed. 

 Toby drops me on my feet & I look around at everyone running into a line & beginning to curtsy & bow their heads. I look up & realize this absolute hunk of a man must be the king! I can't offend him so I run over & join the others taking up a curtsy stance with my head bowed, remembering what Emma & Alice told me to do earlier. He stands for a moment not moving, I feel like he is staring at me but I don't dare lift my head, our fear for disrespecting him & shaming Alpha Charlie. He walks straight to me! Oh shit! I thought I've done it, he thinks I disrespected him! Now I'm in trouble. Still keeping the curtsy stance & my head bowed I am now looking at his immaculately shined shoes directly in front of me!  He gently reaches & takes my hand lifts it to his mouth & kisses it! WTF? I think! I notice my hand tingling, probably out of fear!  honestly I'm scared shitless at this point! Not letting go of my hand he takes his other hand & places it under my chin lifting my face towards him. Still afraid of showing disrespect to the king I keep my eyes lowered but now I'm looking at his chest. He speaks but it's in Italian & I don't understand. Thankfully his beta translates. "King Angelo says to rise & look him in the eye!" The servants gasp in shock but  Doing what I'm told I rise & slowly lift my eyes to him. He is studying me thoroughly. I'm sure my eyes are full of confusion & fear. He sniffs the air, & says something to his beta in Italian again. The other servants Gasp again & as the beta speaks to them all but one leaves. The four of us are alone in the hall now. The king lets go of my chin, & grabs me by the wrist, The beta tells the head maid to take us all to Alpha Charlie immediately.  What the hell is wrong here? The King of all weres is practically dragging me down the hall by the wrist!  As we reach Alpha Charlie's office we enter without knocking. Alpha Charlie looks shocked for a moment then quickly stands & bows to the king. As he straightens up he says "King Angelo, welcome to my home."  The King replies in Italian as the maid quickly makes herself scarce. "Thank you, Charlie. Now, on to more important matters, I have found my mate & this is she!"  He speaks English??? I think, wait,,, what the hell did he just say?... No way! This King must be delusional, he thinks I'm his mate??? WTF??? My mind is racing a million miles a minute.