Chapter:1

COURTNEY POV

(the summer of 7th grade)

"You make me feel like I'm living a teenage dream! The way you turn me on I can't sleep! Lets run away and don't ever look back!" I scream the lyrics of my favorite song. I'm dancing around the room with my brush as a microphone singing to my Taylor Lautner posters.

Then right as I bust out my big note my mom walks in on my solo moment. "Mom can you knock?! I'm 13 now, I need privacy!" I scream at my mom. I know she's just my mother and who is she to judge but still! Singing Katy Perry in to a microphone at your posters is embarrassing! "Listen to me young lady you never talk to your mother like that! Do you hear me!" my mom yells with anger in her tone. "ok mom I'm sorry I won't do it again" I tell her with a low voice. "Now you go get dressed you, your brother and one of his friends are going on a bike ride around the park." she still sounded angry. Wow this will be a long day for sure.

I sit on my floor looking through my dresser for cloths to wear. What do you wear biking? I don't want to look retarded with spandex and a tight under armer shirt like all bikers wear. I guess I can just go with jean shorts and a purple tank top.

"Kenny I'm ready!" I yell out to him. He doesn't reply. Now I'm walking all around the house looking for him. "Kenneth Holland I don't have all day hur-", my words stop when I find him next to a really really really hot guy! I guess this is who we will be bike riding with today. I now regret not wearing something cuter. "Courtney this is Jack, Jack this is my sister Courtney. She's a year younger then us" my brother says to introduce us. Jack gives me a simple wave. "uh uh uuhh, hi." what the hell did I just say?! Im so weird, really I said "uh uh uuhh, hi". Fuck now I really won't have a chance with him. Now I'm just some stupid 7th grader that doesn't know how to say hi, great.