Post War (WOW AN UPDATE)

Lance just sat comfortably next to Matt on the chair in the Red Lion, resting his head on Matt's shoulder. "I can't believe it's finally over." Lance let out a sigh of relief, he softly smiled just thinking about the fact there would be no more fighting, no more violence on their shore.

"Me too." Matt was just relieved he wouldn't have to fight anymore. Neither of them to be exact, wouldn't be fighting anymore.

"It feels so weird to be back to civilian life,
almost." Lance was still in his Paladin armor, still piloting a Lion, which wasn't quite exactly back to 'civilian' life.

"Well hey, you have me. I'm sure an immense weight on your shoulders has been lifted by now. No more dangerous and risky missions, not even for me. We can have time together now in peace. No more worries. Isn't that great?" Matt put his arm around Lance and shifted in his seat to get comfortable.

"That's great! This is all I've ever dreamed of since I first started out as a paladin of Voltron, but I feel like it's going to take some getting used to. Like you know, uh not fighting 24/7, not having to worry about being under attack at any sudden moment anymore."

"I get what you mean. It's not like I haven't been in that situation. At least you didn't have a constant fear of being caught and taken as a Galra prisoner again if a plan went wrong. I mean you guys had Voltron! It'd be way harder for the Galra to get to you. Me and my crew, we just had mini jets and cargo and we were constantly on the move. Kind of scary, you get the feeling you're being watched all the time.
I'm just glad that all of that is over, and that's what I need to focus on. Nothing bad can happen to you or me now."

Lance had been listening to Matt ramble, and just turned his head a bit to get a good look at him. He gave Matt a sympathetic stare. "I'm sorry you had to go through that. I wish we had gotten to you way sooner. I especially wish you stayed with us on Voltron, but I get it. Your team needed you. You were apart of something big too, and that's something you should be proud of."

Matt just looked into Lance's eyes as a blush creeped across his face. "Thanks, Lance." He tucked a strand of his hair behind his ear, and gave Lance a peck on the lips. "That's all I needed to hear."

Lance was a dying mess on the inside, feeling his heart rapidly beating as if he had just ran a 5K in record time. "I love you." He buried his face into Matt's chest as soon as those words escaped his lips.

Matt only stifled a giggle and ran his fingers through Lance's hair. "And I do too."

A/N: SINCE VOLTRON IS ENDING IN LIKE 2 DAYS I DECIDED TO UPDATE AND MMMMM IM ACTUALLY PROUD OF MYSELF HOLYFUCK
ANYONE READ TO DIE IN TWO DAYS? I'm sure Matt is-
AHSKSHSJS IM JOKIN BUT FR I THINK SOMEONES GONNA DIE AND IM NOT READY TO SOB AGAIN PEACE