Meaning of Life ➻ CH 6. Duke Of Escambia

Chapter Six | Duke Of Escambia

March 2016

I was awakened by someone knocking on my bedroom door. What is it with people knocking while I sleep?Buried under my duvet, I opened one eye looking at the door before yelling, "Who is it?" to whoever is persistently knocking on my door.

The knocking ceased for a second, before the door was pushed open by one of my aides, Kimberly.

"Good Morning Your Royal Highness. It's seven in the morning, your glam team will be here at quarter to eight and the car will be waiting downstairs at quarter to nine for you, your highness.-"

I interrupted Kimberly before she could continue.

"What's happening?" I asked.

"Your Highness, you are welcoming His Royal Highness, The Duke of Escambia at Buckingham Palace. Breakfast will be served at half past eight." Kimberly said with a cursty before leaving the room and shutting her door.

With a groan, I pushed myself off the bed and walked to the bathroom. I took a look in the mirror before groaning and started my morning routine.

Once I was done with my shower, I quickly put on a my silk robe as I knows to put on proper clothes when I have to change later. Walking into my dining room of my apartment, I saw that my breakfast has been set up so I walked to the head of the table and took my seat. April was also sitting there with Adela, who was drinking her bottle.

"Good morning, April. Good morning, angel." I said, digging into her breakfast.

"Good morning, Eirene." April said.

Once I was done with breakfast, the servers took away the dishes and starts cleaning up the table. Still seated in my seat, April handed Adela to me after she burped her. I smiled as I held my baby girl. She smiled and held my hand as I cooed at her.

Melody entered the room and handed me the background paper on the Duke of Escambia. I needed to know the basics on him and how to adress and deal with him.

"How do I pronounce his name?" I asked.

"Lee-ah-tea." Melody answered.

"Leati?" I asked.

"It's Samoan." Melody answered.

"How is he royal?" I asked.

"His father is Prince Erik of Samavia, second in line to the Samavian throne which makes The Duke of Escambia, third in line." Melody replied.

Halfway through reading the paper, my phone rang. Checking the caller id, Trinity was calling me.

"Why are you up?" I answered the phone.

"Good morning to you too. How was your sleep? I slept wonderfully last night." Trinity said sarcastically on the line.

"Yes, good morning Trinity." She said.

"So, hmm I heard you're welcoming the Duke of Escambia. He's hot and I think you two could be a beautiful couple." Trinity said.

"Oh God! Trinity, for your information, I am getting myself ready and that's not happening." I said.

"Hmm, hey I was just making a suggestion." She said.

"I'm sure you were." I said.

"Tell my pumpkin, I said hi." She said.

"She's here, staring." I said.

"Well, I'll let you go but I'm coming over later." She said.

"Okay, Trin, you see later." I said, hanging up the phone.