7

Rakim -

"I got 10 freaky girls on a yacht! Finna drown in em dawg, finna drown in em. Last altercation got a hunnid rounds in em," Pierre was screaming the lyrics to a song he begged me to play as soon as we got in the car. Right after school, I picked him up as I promised. Friday came quick.

I was entertained by his concert in the back seat. I changed the song to see what he would do. "Rocky why you do tha-" he began, before realizing what song it was.

"Leave me alone! Drunk as fuck, bitch you dumb as fuck, runnin' up the bucks, damn!" I wondered how he knew all the lyrics to these songs. Maybe the nurse who took care of him put him on.

A few months ago when I came to pick him up he begged me to make him a playlist. So every time I found a good rap mainstream song I put it on the playlist.

"Rocky can we go to McDonald's? I'll get you anything you want. Moms gave me five dollars when she came see me," he boasted. He was so proud of himself. Every time somebody have him money he wanted to spend it right away.

He decided to ask me this as we were passing the McDonald's, but I turned around.

"Whatchu want?" I asked Pierre.

"Can I get everything?"

I laughed at him while he was confused. So he was serious.

"What's funny..."

"You, nigga! Now for real, what do you want?"

He rolled his eyes. "I wanna talk to them," he demanded.

"Shit." I let him.

"Hey, welcome to McDonald's. What would you like to order?" The employee said. It sounded like a girl.

"What y'all got?" Pierre asked from the passenger seat, rubbing his chin. I was weak in the driver's seat.

"Well we have fries, Coca-Cola products, our famous Big Mac, an-"

He cut her off, his eyes widening.

"The Big Mac? That fat burger? Lemme get that, with a lot of fries."

The employee chuckled. "A large fry, sir?"

Pierre nodded as if the lady could see him. "Say yes," I managed to say through my consistent laughter.

"Yes!" He exclaimed.

"And what drink?"

"Apple juice."

"Alright, anything else you want to order?" She asked.

"Yeah girl I want you." He turned to me and laughed silently, smirking.

"Pull up to the first window." She changed the subject. Pierre and I were still cracking up.

At the first window I handed the cashier a 20 dollar bill. "I got money Rocky!"

"You can give them that money too." He held out his 5.

"Your total is $7.46," the cashier announced. "You ordered the Big Mac with large fries and an apple juice?"

"Yeah," Pierre confirmed. I gave her the $20 and the $5. She handed me the $5 back immediately. "Take my money!" He scolded.

"I'll give you change, sir." She laughed, showing off her braces. The cashier was a cute lightskin that looked to be about 16. I would hop down but I can't.

"Sorry bout that, he really wanna spend his money." She nodded her head to show she understood. After giving Pierre the change she gave me I pulled up to the second window.

Pierre was chill when we pulled up. His eyes lit up when I handed him his food before I pulled off.

"Don't eat in my car bruh bruh. Lemme have a few fries though," I said, glancing at Pierre.

"Why you get to eat and I don't?"

"Alright, alright. You can eat some of the fries as long as you give me some."

"Good boy," he complimented, reaching over to pat my head.

"Nigga..." My face was blank. This boy was just like me.

                            ---

"Ri open the door, I'm cold." I was about to surprise her.

"Hold on Rakim, I was sleep when you called, and you know I sleep naked so it's gone be a minute," she replied.

"It ain't nothin I never seen before, girl. Hurry up 'fore I get frostbite yo."

"I'm coming down the stairs right now!"

"You lying cause I don't hear the stairs creaking."

"What if we fixed em?"

"Y'all didn't."

I could feel her eye roll through the phone. "Rocky, where is she?" Pierre whispered. He was the one who suggested we surprise her. I put the phone on mute.

"She coming, be patient."

He nodded his head.

Seconds later, the door was being opened, and I saw Nari. She was in a big T-shirt and her hair was going North, South, and diagonal. She slept wildly.

"Hey Rakim, sorry I took s-" Her apology was cut short when Pierre popped up from behind me, going for Nari's leg to hug it. I bet that was his favorite body part on everybody. "Hey baby!" She squealed, picking him up.

"Hey Nari, you look so pretty." He was known for his many compliments during times that his sisters looked the worst.

"Not really but thank you Pierre. You the cutest."

"Yeah, I know."

"Damn he cocky just like me," I said.

Nari nodded dramatically.

I briefly raised my eyebrows. "Ight well bye babies." I kissed Pierre on the cheek, and gave Nari a peck. "Daddy got business to take care of."

"You not his daddy but bye boo," she said, giving me a hug.

"Wait, before I go, y'all got food?"

"I'm bout to cook, but moms made spaghetti cause she know you like it." I smiled and pushed past her, but lightly because she was holding my seed that's not my seed.

She set Pierre down on the couch and put the TV on while I put my food in a plastic bowl. After she did that, she came into the kitchen.

"I just need some dick, I just need some love," she sang lowly.

"I just need that neck, I don't wanna fuck. Tryna get all my attention but I gotta get this check," I laughed, taking my bowl and leaving.

                            ---

"I ain't ask for all that, bitch. I told you me and money nothin to play with," I warned Terry.

"I don't have the money, man. I'm sorry." He was shaking and looked everywhere but my eyes. No one but Pandora looks me in my eyes and they're not even scary like that.

I got closer to his face, pistol whipping him. He winced in pain as I squinted my eyes. "I hope that knocked some sense into you. Get the money tomorrow or imma tie you up where nobody can find you."

He immediately nodded his head. "Alright I will, and when you said you would tie me up where no one could find me did you m-"

"I don't say shit I don't mean." I chuckled, getting chips from the dining table across from us. I only took them because he said he wanted to eat them tomorrow. "Ight nigga, imma be back for my stack tomorrow, be good." I patted his back and left through the back door.