Two Time

No One's POV:

Cole walked through the city aimlessly. It didn't matter where he went. Heck, it didn't matter what happened anymore. Well at least to him.

Jay on the other hand was a different matter. This wonderful blue eyes of his. Those eyes were the only thing giving him life. Yes, he had a crush on his best friend.

- We could leave the lights on
-Sun Tan

Cole had tried to win over Jay's heart by being a good friend and dropping some hints about his crush hoping the other would notice.

-We could get lunch

But all of this was in vain. The other could never notice or catch on to these bits. His heart longed for another.

Nya...

-Aw Man

Cole already had an idea of who Jay's heart was beating for. And it wasn't him. Cole hated the thought of Jay liking another. So he'd try dropping more obvious hints saying things as jokes kinda like Jay did.

-I think that I like you

And Jay would say:

-You do?

Jay would use a type of flirtacious voice which would set his heart aflame. But then Jay would talk about one of Cole's flaws and then push away that conversation like it was nothing. He would then drone on about Nya instead.

-But something bugs me 'bout the way you lick your envelopes so-

Cole looked at the beautiful crashing waves at sea and wondered how many times he had seen this by himself.

-I'm out on the block again. So hopped up that I can't pretend.

He was used to this by now. But it still got him frustrated the amount of times he came here with Jay who didn't consider these moments special.

-Two Time

-Stay Friends?

-Problem That You Can't Defend

He started crying his heart out alone at the beach. It wasn't fair how his feelings were being played here.

"Hey Cole!"

That voice...

He quickly wiped his tears away and smiled at Jay. "Hey Jay!"

-Hands Up, Feel Okay

He then looked over at him. He was with Nya. But all he could focus on was Jay. His adorable freckles, sweet smile, and his alluring eyes.

"Cole we have good news!"

"What is it?"

Jay and Nya both looked at each other and smiled.

"We're getting married!"

Cole felt his heart stop. This couldn't be happening. That was terrible news.

"That's wonderful news!"

He couldn't feel anything.

"I'm so happy for you!" He stood up and gave both of them a hug. He hated every second of it. His nightmare had become reality. But...

Jay took Nya's hand and ran into the water. Both of them splashing each other in the waves. Jay suddenly grabbed Nya and picked her up. Both of them were laughing.

Cole pushed away his anger. His face.

Jay looked so... Happy.

This was what Cole lived for. Thos was what kept him alive. He loved the feeling he felt when he saw his face light up like that. He then felt his own face and felt it heat up. He could feel his heart shatter inside him.

-Whose Heart Could I Break Today?

-Two Time

-Stay Friends?

Cole would live and watch Jay and Nya be happy and be proud for them everyday. But in the end he knew about these feelings.

So he'd watch from afar.

-Problem That You Can't Defend

Yes I made myself a new account. Personal reasons. Hope you follow me on here too. ~ Ghosty-P