Chapter 2

She remembered the first time she ever saw him, she was 13. A young maiden with blushing face and awkward smiles. She had saw him while she tagging along her father to the Glover's mansion, walking to the inside of his expensive limo with such powerful stride and magnificence confident, owned only by him, leaving with the entourage of beautiful woman. He had been like no other man she had ever seen before, and she wanted to know everything there was to know about him but she was the daughter of his chauffeur, someone of no importance while he, he was the only heir of a dynasty who own multibillion companies, Multibillion companies who held the livelihood of so many people under him. He was a prince, with a big prospering kingdom.

He was everything while she was nothing.

He never noticed the little girl hiding in the garage, eyes filled with star as she looks at him, heart bursting with love. He probably doesn't even remember their brief encounter when she was 17, she was grieving her father death, alone in this world and her grandparents threw a party to introduce her to their society, without caring that it was only a month after her father death. Kathleen remembered every word, every emotion, every sensation of the exchange of that very momment.

Her grandparent did not care for his father as they thought him as nothing of a thief that had stolen their daughter and they do not care for her too, although she had been told that she look exactly like her mother, the coloring are not right. She did not have her mother's blonde hair and blue eyes that are passed down by the Ruston family. She did not have her grace nor intelligent as her grandparent told her, she was nothing but a terrible copy of their daughter. A product that shouldn't have been made at all, but still she was a Ruston, they say. They had no choice but to took her, a Ruston will always be a Ruston, no matter how dirty their blood is.

The Ruston was a renowned family with history lining back to the Victorian Era, the Ruston's family was one of the family that still had their title and wealth, A baron who owns one of the biggest pharmaceutical company in London. When her mother, their only daughter, had run off to elope with her father, it had become the most scandalous scandal of the year, it was so shameful that her grandparent had cut her off from the family and adopted their nephew as their heir.

Unfortunately for them their only nephew was gay, and died of AIDS five years after her mother death. Without any successor except Kathleen, they had to take her into their family, fortunately, her father had move them to America a year before, to make sure that they can't separate Kathleen from her father.

Kathleen had lived a normal happy live even without her mother, and it's all because she had her father to protect her. Sure, they aren't rich and Kathleen do miss the mother she had never met, but her father had taken all measures to make sure that she was happy. He had quit his job as an artist to find a more steady job for her. He had secretly took her to his workplace as often as he could so that she won't feel lonely, even at the risk of losing his job.

Her father had told her everything about her mother and how much she loves her, to make sure she knows, that her mother loved her and is watching and wishing for her happiness from above. She remembers the way her father would recall about her mother, how he talks about the day he first met her and how he had fallen in love with her at first sight, and how sad he looks when he talks about her death. He had loves her mother from the day he saw her, even on his deathbed he had called for her mother. It had made Kathleen believe in true love and love at first sight. She had longed for loves like them. She now knows that, not everyone has the chances to have them.

She had stood in front of her father grave by herself for hours, the day they buried him. her grandparents do not care about his burial and had wanted him to be cremated as it was cheaper but Kathleen had beg them to stop, and paid all of it with her money from working part time by helping nuns and the disabled at the church near her old home and selling the gold necklace she inherited from her mother. She was the only one at her father grave, crying her eyes out before her grandmother had pull her from the graveyard to their mansion, a rustic Victorian era mansion that looks out of place in the modern world.