chapter 7 - peaceful for once

It was a peaceful atmosphere between the two people sitting in the waiting room of the hospital. Damien was finally getting some sleep while Alana was reading some type of magazine that was offered to her.

While she was reading, she saw a shadow in front of her and she glanced up and saw a short young mixed boy with blond hair and the purest green eyes. She deduced his age to be about 13. "H-hello." He stuttered out.

Alana didn't mind talking to the young boy, not one bit. "Hi there. What's your name?" She asked him sweetly. The boy turned a bit scarlet in his face because of her sweet voice and she giggled slightly.

"I'm C-carson." Carson answered her. Alana knew that Carson was shy and she didn't say anything about his stuttering.

"I'm Alana." She tells him.

"You have a b-beautiful name, Alana." Carson tells Alana. Now, it was Alana's turn to be slightly scarlet in her face. What the-? I'm hot on my face! The gun woman was shocked at being fluttered.

"Thanks. Your name is awesome." Carson's face was redder than a fire hydrant, if that was even possible.

"Thank you! Oh, um, I have to go. Can I get your number?" Carson asked softly, but Alana heard his question and she smiled.

"Of course." She wrote down her number on a sheet of paper that Carson offered and she stood up. "Here's my number, Carson." Alana says, giving him the paper and giving him a peck on his cheek. Both her and Carson were sporting red cheeks and he said goodbye to her and left.

"You don't do romance, huh?" Damien asked Alana, one of his eyes open.

"Well, I mean, he seemed like a nice guy." Alana was making no move to defend herself.

"I approve." Damien gave his thought and Alana glared at him.

"You're not my dad." She mumbled at him.

"Well, Pumpkin wanted to adopt you when she first saw you." Damien was honest.

"Ms. Esmeralda wanted to adopt me?" Alana was shocked by this news.

"The offer still stands to be a Jaxis officially." Damien tells Alana.

"Me? A Jaxis? What? You want the police after you?" Alana demanded Damien.

"The police are crooked in this city, remember. They don't care what I do." Damien tells him.

"That is because you are one of the leaders. About me being a Jaxis: The answer is yes." Alana tells Damien.

"That's perfect." Pumpkin's voice rang out to the two people. Shd was in a wheelchair as her shoulder was still aching.

"Baby, you're the greatest." Damien tells Pumpkin.

"I know, but you're better than me, that's for sure." Pumpkin tells Damien. Alana smiled at the two lovebirds and she was proud to say that she is apart of the family.

"I love you, Mom and Dad." Alana says, not thinking about her words. Her words shocked both Damien and Pumpkin and it showed on their faces. When Alana realized what she had said, she start to panic. "Oh crap! I'm so sorry." She babbled.

"It's fine. I've always wanted a little one calling me Mom." Pumpkin tells Alana, who grinned at her happily. Alana didn't even mind that Pumpkin called her a little one.

"So, Dad." Alana tried out the title for Damien and Damien smiled at her.

"Yes." He answered her. Alana walked up to him and she reached up to his ear.

"When are you going to pop the question?" She whispered. Damien cleared his throat.

"Soon." He answered her. Alana grinned at him. She was truly happy to have somebody willing to take care of her and one of the people came in the form of the devil himself.

"You better do it soon otherwise Mom will thinking that you don't love her." She tells Damien, whose face had actually paled up due to the worry that Alana had given him. He gulped as he stared at Pumpkin and Pumpkin rolled up to Damien and she smiled.

"Hi." She tells Damien.

"Hello." He responded. Alana giggled at their awkwardness and she pushed Damien to make him kiss Pumpkin.

"Kiss the bride." She cheered. Damien caught Pumpkin's lips with his as they felt that fireworks were going off.

"I have a question to ask you." Damien says, catching Pumpkin's attention. "Will you marry me?" He asked.

Pumpkin's answer almost came, but the hospital suddenly exploded, causing debris to be thrown everywhere. When Damien recovered his eyesight, he didn't see Pumpkin. Fear gripped him like never before. "Pumpkin. Esmeralda! Where are you, Esmeralda? Esmeralda!" Damien shouted. He never received an answer.

He knew that she had been taken, but he didn't know who took her and he was real ticked off about that.

He had just asked Pumpkin to stay with him forever, but now...she was taken!

He clinched his fists and Alana walked up to him. "Dad, we're going to save her. We need to save her." I still don't know who sent the letters. Damien thought in pure anger.

He gazed at Alana and as much as he knew that she was a criminal, he didn't want her to sacrifice herself because of his issues. "Stay away." He ordered Alana.

"Why? I can help!" Alana shouted.

"No, this is my problem! I will save Mom." Damien tells Alana, who glared up at him.

"Fine. I'll leave it to you." Alana tells Damien. She was angry, but she slowly calmed down. She knew why Dad wanted to save her Mom on his own. He felt guilty, because he knew that he had waited until it was almost too late to confess that he was a criminal.

He waited to confess for multiple reasons, but one of the main reasons is that he didn't want Pumpkin to hate him. He realized that he was such a fool to even think that. He never noticed that she loved him too much to even think about hating him.

He felt very stupid when he realized that.