Paper Cuts [Akel One-shot]

[Aku belongs to me , Axel does not! Also I was listening to its u so ^w^]

"Aku ?"

Aku turned his gaze up to the Android that stood off off to his side , a slightly concerned frown on his face.  "You've been up all nigt ." Axel said , glancing down at the papers that were scattered in front of Aku.
"Oh ... I didn't even notice the time passing ." Aku sighed , picking up one of the papers before crumbling it up and tossing it into a bin . "Im sorry , Axel ." He apologized.
"There is no need to apologize , Aku ." Axel replied , gently patting Aku's shoulder.  "But you need to get some sleep . Its 1:05 AM ."
"Oh dear." Aku glanced back to his papers. "Im not anywhere close to finishing these ... " He mumbled , and Axel attempted to lean close to see what Aku had . The male quickly covered it with his arms though .
"What are you up to ?" Axel then tried to ask , seeing Aku fumble with his words. 

"Writing a letter ." He eventually got out , it being half the truth . It was a love letter .
"Oh? Who to ?"
"N ... nnn ... " Aku's lips clenched shut , being unable to lie . If he tried , he wouldn't be able to say it .
"Someone important." The words tumbled out of his mouth quickly as his lips released , the Leviathan looking back to the papers awkwardly .
"I see." Axel nodded , looking as well as if to see if he could get a glimpse of words . Instead , he spotted multiple paper cuts on Aku's fingers from crumbling up papers . "Let me fix that."
Axel took ahold of Aku's hand and pulled it close , studying the small cuts . They were bleeding a bit , a forget me not colored  liquid dripping from them .
"Do they hurt ?"
"Huh?" Aku looked up again , it taking him a second to realize Axel was talking about the wounds on his fingers ."oh . They sting a little , but thats it. " He nodded , seeing Axel pulling out a box of bandaids .
"Okay."

Axel proceeded to pat away small specks of blood before applying bandages , humming a gentle tune to calm Aku down . It made Aku smile to see the deviant expressing such emotions . He was caring ...
"There we go ." Axel finished up and smiled happily , Aku letting out s soft chuckle . 
"Thank you , hun ." He patted axels head . "Its good to know someone cares." 
Axel nodded in response.  "Of course , Aku . Now please , get some sleep . " He added , and with an exasperated sigh , Aku nodded. 
"If you sleep with me ." Aku quickly said , seeing Axel stand there for a few seconds as he proceeded what Aku said .
"Okay ." Aku's face flushed a dark blue upon realizing what he had said , but a wide smile spreaded on his face .

"Hey Axel ?"
"Yes Aku ?"
"I ... I ... "

"I love you ."
Aku stared at the paper cuts on his fingers.  No bandages were carefully wrapped around them anymore , and new ones had started piling up on the others .
He thought if he got enough Axel would come and bandage his fingers up again .
But ...

Aku rose his head , blankly staring at the TV screen .
There , on the breaking news , a blazing fire roared .
It had used to be Jericho .
The deviant androids secret base .
The rebel android base that Axel had ran off to .

Tears slid down Aku's cheeks and onto his bleeding hands , the leviathan bowing his head to take his eyes away from the sight .
"I ... I never got to tell you ... " Aku wiped away some tears , feeling a sting from his cut fingers .

"I love you , Axel ."

[This isnt completely accurate to how aku's backstory goes , but is quite close ]