Bruised and Bloody *Steve Harrington x Reader*

Warning: Cussing and fighting

The fight was gruesome and bloody and brutal but god damn if it wasn't the hottest thing you'd ever seen. With wide eyes and a racing heart, you watched with bated breath as Steve pinned Billy against the wall and delivered a sharp right hook straight to the jaw.

"Hell yeah! Kick his ass!" Dustin cheered, and you couldn't help but notice how the kid's words seemed to fuel Steve even further, his next blow to Billy's abdomen packing enough force to knock the offending boy straight into the kitchen sink.

Steve was winning. Your heart swelled for the oblivious boy you'd been pining for since middle school, a large smirk gracing your lips as you watched him stalk up to Billy to deliver the finishing blow.

It only took a moment for you to see the sadistic light in Billy's eyes and his hand snake toward Joyce's precious china. You barely had the chance to scream - "Steve, no!" - before a ceramic plate shattered over his head. You watched in horror as he fell to the floor like a rag doll. Your legs moved before your mind could say no, seeing red as you charged - furious - toward Billy. The kids screamed for you to stop but you heard nothing over the sound of the blood pulsing in your ears and you were only steps from Billy when he turned his focus from Steve to you, his bloodied fist slamming into your temple before you could so much as lift a finger.

"Try that again and I'll do more than punch your pretty little face," Billy growled before continuing his assault on Steve.

Mike moved quickly to catch you; anger, fear, and disgust floating in his eyes as he glared at Billy, "You fucking asshole! You fucking monster!"

The room was coming in and out as you clutched your jaw and Lucas was shrieking and Dustin was borderline in tears, screaming - "You're gonna kill him! Stop! You're gonna fucking kill him!" - but Max held a fiery determination in her eyes as she swept toward Billy, yanked his head to the side by his hair, and drove a syringe straight into his neck.

Then everything went black.

~~~

You woke to the sound of a revving engine, the kids arguing, and Steve yelling like his life depended on it.

Wincing, you opened your eyes to see Steve, badly bruised and caked in blood, with panic in his eyes.

Slowly, you scanned your surroundings, your blood running cold when they landed on Max...

"Everybody shut up! I need to focus!"

Alarmed, but keeping your mouth locked shut, your eyes met with Steve's, who's panic-filled irises quickly softened.

"Hey, you," he drawled, still slightly out of it from his beating.

Letting out a small smile, you nuzzled into Steve's side, clinging onto him with numb fingers, "Hey."

He wrapped an arm around your shoulders and pulled you in close. You didn't see the furrow of his eyebrows or the twinge of anger in the corner of his lip, instead focusing on the the kids' loud and slightly overwhelming reactions to your awakening.

"Holy shit (Y/N)—!"

"I can't believe you charged him—!"

"That was so stupid but so badass—!"

"I can't believe he actually did that—!"

At Lucas' words, Steve's lips immediately formed into a troubled scowl, his hold on you tightening possessively, "He's a fucking coward. The next time I see him, he's fucking dead."

Your eyes flashed and you placed a hand against his chest, alarmed at his aggression, "...Steve."

His free hand balled into a fist, "No, (Y/N)! That asshole has to pay for what he did to you! No one, and I mean no one, hurts my girl and lives to see another day."

You sat bolt upright despite the unrelenting pulsing in your head, "Steve!"

Dustin cut in before Steve could respond, nervously fiddling with the hem of his jacket, "I'm sorry (Y/N)... but Steve's right, Billy deserves to get his ass drug through the dirt. After what he did to you... he's worse than scum and... I... we were so scared when he hit you. Seeing you collapse like that... it was terrifying."

Your eyes immediately softened and you reached around Steve to grab Dustin's hand comfortingly. You always felt like he was the little brother you never had, "I'm sorry, Dustin. It was stupid of me to charge in like that. I can be a real dumbass sometimes."

He let out a weak smile despite his glossy eyes and you returned it before leaning back into Steve.

It was quiet in the car for a couple minutes, save the sound of the engine, when you felt a pressure against your temple. Shifting your gaze, you caught Steve pulling his head away from you. A soft blush danced on your cheeks. Did he just kiss you?

A sigh escaped Steve's lips and his expression turned troubled before shifting into what looked like resolve. Your stomach flipped as his eyes met yours with something in them you'd never seen before.

"When I woke up and found out what Hargrove did to you... I almost jumped out of this car and ran back to the Byers' house to give that punk what he deserves," Steve murmured, his finger tips outlining the deep purple bruise marking the side of your head.

Your breath hitched at the contact, "...Steve, I-"

"Sh, let me speak," he interrupted.

You closed your mouth lamely and stared up at the beautiful bruised and bloody boy in front of you, practically melting at his touch.

"I was so angry. I felt like I was on fire and all I could see was red. It took a while but when Dustin finally got me to calm down I... I realized something. (Y/N)..." his hand cupped your face, his thumb floating across your cheek with so much care, so much love, "(Y/N), I love you. I love you so fucking much. You're my whole world and I need you to know that I will always be here for you. I will always protect you. I will always love you. It took me getting my ass beat to realize it, but I want to be with you."

His eyes blazed with so much passion and hope and you could feel your heart swell and your hands shake. The boy you have loved since the both of you were kids loves you back. He loves you. And you love him, too.

Without hesitation, you grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him in for a fiery kiss. His lips were chapped and split and bleeding, the metallic taste of blood hitting your tongue, but you didn't care. You were holding the love of your life in your hands, and with one of his hands cupping your cheek and the other around your waist, you had never felt more content, more happy - even with your throbbing head.

You were so deep into the kiss, you forgot where you were, who you were with, and Steve let his tongue graze your bottom lip, begging for entrance when—

"Oh my god there are children here! We are children! Stop! For the love of god, stop!" Dustin screeched, smacking his hands over his eyes.

The both of you pulled apart, embarrassed as the kids around you fake retched and yelled in disgust.

"Whoops," Steve murmured sheepishly, dazed from the fight or the kiss or both.

Quickly, you covered your face with your hands and nuzzled back into his side as a flustered smile blossomed on your face, overwhelmed with love for your Steve and your kids.