My Love *Thor Odinson x Reader*

The soft song of the sparrows that flutter between the trees just outside the compound fills your ears. The bright melody calling you from your deep sleep.

Light slips through the spaces between the window blinds, dancing over your face, making sunspots illuminate the dark void cast by your closed eyelids. A familiar heat radiates through your entire being, enveloping you in its comforting presence as a single word echoes in the cavern of your mind.

Thor.

A sleepy smile causes the corners of your mouth to turn upwards as you let out a sigh through your nose, nuzzling your face even deeper into his side. His musky scent washes over you and you instantly feel at home, the arm that you rest across his chest rising and falling with each of his deep breaths, his hand that is wrapped around your waist tightening its hold instinctively, pulling you in until your body is completely flush with his.

After allowing yourself to enjoy the moment for a few minutes longer, you force your eyes open, your blurry sight coming into focus on the handsome face of Thor, looking completely at ease under the influence of his sleep.

To say he looks like an angel would be a violent understatement.

His hair is tousled and his eyelashes curl ethereally and the light from the window behind him casts a halo-like glow around the gentle hills and valleys that shape his golden-tan skin.

Ever-so-slowly, you draw a hand up to caress his stubble-ridden chin, the pads of your fingers ghosting over his pink lips and the sharp edges of his jawline. His eyes flutter at the touch and you can't help but stare in silent awe as he opens them, revealing the cavernous oceanic pools of blue still muddled with sleep.

His lips curve upward and he leans into your touch, memorizing your natural features as you do his. After three weeks of living without him; after three weeks of constant worrying, this is your first morning together, and you savor every sweet moment with a deprived, hungry heart.

Turning his head at a painstakingly slow pace, he finally presses his lips into the palm of your hand, sending a warmth through your body that surges from the pit of your stomach to the ends of your fingertips.

"Good morning, my love," he practically sighs. His voice is low and gruff, riddled with gravel and stone from the sediment of sleep that still coats his mind.

You can't help the tears that prick the corners of your eyes at his words – words you have been craving to hear for too long – and he smiles sadly in return, placing his own calloused hand over your cheek to wipe away the hot tears that fall.

"Oh, how I've missed you," he continues, his own eyes growing glossy as he thinks of the dangers he had endured on the mission; as he thinks of how much he had wished to be lying in bed with you instead, enclosed in your own little bubble not unlike how the both of you are now.

You slip your hand over his, keeping his touch against your cheek as you cry, "I was so afraid."

His eyebrows furrow at your confession and your lips are swiftly caught by his. The kiss is everything and more. It is fiery emotion that holds every hurt, every thought, every longing, every emotion that had scrambled your brain over the past month. It is wet, hot passion that sears the skin and ignites the heart. It is rough touches and gentle caresses.

The kiss is love, and you fill to the brim with it until the last bit of air escapes your lungs.

The sun rises steadily over the horizon as does your heart, the empty hole that once marred it now full with the love of your life.

A gentle adoration envelops Thor's features as his fingers dance along the curves of your waist and hips, the both of you whole with the other by your side, the torrents of being apart now fully forgotten in the presence of each other.