Chapter 3

Everyone looked over to Lance's table. He could feel their intense gazes on the back of his head. The vomit was mainly stomach acid, but included all of the three bites he had just taken. The bile stretch across the table and some of it was even on Dr Ford.

He turned just to see who was looking and upon see everyone's eyes on him in his moment of absolute grotesqueness. Tears pricked his eyes and he looked back at Jessica. She stood up and was assessing to see if her outfit was a lost cause or not.

"Maybe we should take things a little slower. Yeah?" She gave Lance a lopsided smile. She wasn't angry at him; she just really liked that shirt.

"I'm sorry," Lance let the flood gates open "I-I-I didn't mean to." Shiro had gotten out of his seat to help clean up the mess Lance had made, but upon seeing how distressed both people at the table where he decided to help them first.

"I'll talk talk to him you can go clean up," Shiro told her, Shiro had a lot of experience calming down other people when they were freaking like Lance. Dr Ford hesitated but gave a quick nod before hurrying to get cleaned off.

"Your name is Lance right?" Shiro asked and Lance quickly nodded his head. "Your therapist went to go get cleaned up. I'm Shiro and I need you to try and follow my breathing. It's going to be hard at first, but just keep trying."

Shiro made lager exaggerated breaths, counting in his head 'in for four, hold for four, out four eight'. Shiro grabbed hold of Lance's hands to steady him and made eye contact with him giving his eyes something to focus on. Lance had calmed down a bit, but he was still extremely distressed by the fact he vomited every where.

"I really want to go home." Lance muttered.

"Me too," Shiro informed him. "But we sick and before we can go home we've got to get better."

Lance's therapist came running back; hair wet and a new pair of clothes on. "Alright Lance you can shower and do part of your nightly routine now. I still want you to meet everyone tonight though." Lance nodded 'yes'.

"Thank you so much for helping, Dr Ford," she stuck her hand out to shake Shiro's.

"Shiro. It's really no problem." Shiro gave the therapist a warm smile as she helped Lance back to his room to wash up. Everyone had finished their food and where now going on their separate ways.

On his way past Keith looked into Lance's room. His therapist was sitting on the bed writing a lot of stuff down. Lance and Keith's conjoined bathroom, that Keith had yet to explore was in use. On the bed next to Lance's therapist was a plastic bag presumably filled with Lance's soiled clothing. Keith kept moving to his room and jumped into his bed.

Keith flopped down into his bed and grabbed his phone off the charger. He had some notifications from people messaging him but he didn't feel like reading them at the moment. Not after watching Lance break down several times in front of everyone. Instead he decided to do some research on anorexia.

Hey ended up getting completely confused by statements like 'chew ice or gum instead of eating' or 'anorexia must be the center of your life'. Keith had never run into any anorexic people in his various foster homes. Most of the time kids where desperate for food and never miss a chance to get some.

The shower shut off and Keith listened in on the bathroom. Lance's was humming a song Keith had heard a couple times on the radio, but never bothered to learn the name of or who it was by. After a few minutes Lance was openly singing. His angelic voice vibrated through the air as he produced a sweet melody. Keith didn't really like the song, but Lance's voice so beautiful that he forgot about that.

Lance's singing was muffled by the sound of a hairdryer and Keith decided it was time to pay attention to his internet friends again. He got into his messaging app and started reading what he missed from a group chat.