Tiny

Tiny woke up the next morning to see Gage asleep next to her. Her cheeks turned bright red as she looked at him. He seemed so peaceful as a single black curl fell over his face. His lips curled into a smile she was growing to enjoy. He had been kind to her, helped her without bothering with what it could do to him. She couldn't see anyone ever doing that for her, and yet...he did. He didn't make fun of her laugh and told her what she should have realized years ago. She didn't need Pete. A smile grew on her face as she finally decided what she thought of Gage. He was a hero. A misfit like her but a hero. A hero to trust. Gage's eyes opened and she found herself staring into the gentle brown. 

"Er hi?" he said with an awkward smile.

She mouthed him a thank you causing him to raise an eyebrow. 

"Thank you?" He asked sitting up.

She sat up and nodded smiling at him. Then she finally realized how close they were and her cheeks turn red. Gage didn't seem to mind as he leaned closer slightly. Her heart was beating like a fairy's wings before he moved away looking over his shoulder.

"We've got to move" he said standing up.

She nodded slightly as she stood up and followed him into the woods even more.