5 decisive reasons Aluminium Forging is better than Aluminium Casting

While Aluminium Forging can be broadly classified as a manufacturing process wherein metal is hard-pressed, crushed and squashed under extreme pressure that causes it to change shape while retaining high strength, Aluminum Casting is the process where metal is heated above its melting point, causing it to change shape to a molten or liquid state, ready to be poured into a pre-determined mold where it cools or solidifies to take the shape of mold, thus resulting in a desired component.

While the aim is the same, Aluminum Forging and Aluminum Casting follow two vastly diverse manufacturing processes, and therein rest the motives why Forging is preferable to Casting by experienced and astute suppliers, manufacturers and vendors.

The following are the most definitive incentives why Aluminum forged components are dependably superior to Aluminum Cast parts.

Extraordinary Strength

Aluminium Forging results in uniformity of structure and composition. As a direct outcome of thermal cycle and deformation process, aluminum forged parts are recrystallized and display an optimum level of grain refinement. In simple terms, aluminum forging is capable of manufacturing parts that are far nonpareil in terms of sheer strength and impact vis-a-vis aluminium casting.

Lower Manufacturing Cost

Starting from the very foundation, forging tools generally cost a lot less than casting tools. This cost particularly becomes a major cause since there are various options available for a particular fabrication job, plus the fact that aluminum forging usually takes reduced lead time as compared to aluminum casting.

Reduced Lead Time

Incredible technological advances portend that forging process lead times have significantly reduced from the previous 6- weeks. Add to it the fact that more the technology advances, more the cost is reduced and you've an enticing proposition of looking at aluminum forging as your preferable choice. Another point worthy of your attention is that aluminum forging suppliers and manufacturers generally have self-contained spaces to ensure remarkable regulation & control in the forging process for consistent timely deliveries. Simply put, saved time means saved money and more scope for profits.

Outstanding Surface Finish

Aluminum forging gives you the advantage of a wide selection of finishes. While casting is more or less rigid in providing desired finishes, forging takes the cake with the baker in offering visually appealing finishes and creating smoother surfaces that make an immediate connect with anyone viewing them.

Elevated Flexibility

Aluminum forging is capable of meeting even your most demanding of requirements, and meet it with aplomb. Breath-taking advances in 3-D modeling and the mindboggling competences of 3-D software have multiplied the scope of designing forging models that were almost inconceivable a few year ago. Your suggestions, your design team's imagination and creativity are the only restraints- aluminum forging has practically become limitless in conceptualizing and execution.

We at Pyrocast India Pvt. Ltd. provide world-class , brass and copper forging services across a diverse range of industries and sectors. Our proven expertise, astute project approach and meticulous engineering ability continue to deliver significant cost savings to our clients.