Fact ♣25

1. In the 16th century, Arab women could initiate a divorce if their husbands didn't pour coffee for them.

Today this would be unheard of..but back then, coffee was an integral part of Turkish society. So much so, that it was "grounds" for divorce.

2. The average male gets bores of a shopping trip after 26 minutes.

Meanwhile, women don't get tired of shopping for around 2 hours!!

3. Recycling one glass jar saves enough energy to watch television for 3 hours

Yep, that's how important recycling is! The average person has the chance to recycle 25,000 cans in their lifetime-- that's 75,000 hours of television!

4. In 2017, more people were killed from injuries causes by taking a selfie than by shark attacks.

There was only 5 deaths due to shark attacks in 2017, which is lower than the average year. The average amount of deaths caused by sharks is 6. Worldwide, there are 35 deaths caused by taking selfies in 2017.

5. Tennis players are not allowed to swear when they are playing in Wimbledon.

Because of this, line judges have to learn curse words in every language so they know when a player has violated the rules

6. Heart attacks are more likely to happen on a Monday.

Heart attacks are increased by 20% on Mondays. The most common time for them to happen is between 4 to 10 AM.