Chapter 5- Pitch's Defeat and Guardians Victory

Autumn's POV

As Jack faced Pitch, the rest of us ran down an alleyway and Bunny was leading the way. Wasn't the best idea for a small bunny to lead us.

"This way! This way!" Bunny yelled before he abruptly stopped. "Ah! Dead end! Other way, other way!"

We turned a corner and we saw Jack fall from the sky.

I gasped ran up to him with the others at my tail.

"Jack!" Jaime and I yelled. I knelt down and helped him to his knees carefully with him groaning in pain.

"That was good try, Jack - A for effort." North praised Jack, patting his back.

Jack exhaled. "He's stronger. I can't beat him."

The storm suddenly crackles again and Pitch's laugh echoed. Jack scrambled onto his feet as our eyes wandered the skies for Pitch.

"All this fuss over one little boy and still he refuses to stop believing!" Pitch said as we saw his shadow pass by. Jamie gripped my hand and Jack put his hand in front of him. "Very well. There are other ways to snuff out the light."

Pitch's shadow shattered both of the lights that were on the building and I felt Jaime hug my waist out of fear as we backed up.

Bunny hopped up with confidence. "If you want him, you're gonna have to go through me."

A hand shadow appeared and poked Bunny's cheek. "Oh. Look how fluffy you are. Would you like a scratch behind the ears?"

Bunny sprinted onto North's hand. "Don't you even think about it!"

Nightmare horses slowly started to approach us and we backed up slowly.

"I can't believe how happy it makes me to see you all like this!" Pitch exclaimed and appeared on a nightmare with a grin. "You look awful."

We were cornered none of us were at full strength, except for Jack. I couldn't do anything at the moment.

"Jack, I'm scared," Jamie admitted, gripping my waist tighter.

Jack knelt down in front of Jamie and his eyes widened for a second remembering something before speaking. "We're gonna have a little fun instead. That's it- that's my center!"

I gave Jack a faint smile. Guardian of Fun.

The nightmares and Pitch stood in front of us. Pitch chuckled.

"So, what do you think, Jaime? Do you believe in the Boogey- AH!"

Jack used his magic to hit Pitch in the face with a snowball and the nightmares go on alert, confused.

Laughter escaped all of our mouths, including Jack's

Jack glanced at something before turning to Jaime. "Now, let's go get your friends."

As Pitch was distracted we all quickly grabbed objects that we could ride in and Jack creates an ice path for us to slide on. We all go careening down the middle of the street, laughing as Jack keeps us moving with his ice.

As we slid across town, Jack and Jaime convinced the other kids to join us.

"Merry Christmas!" North called.

"Happy Easter!"

"Don't forget to floss!"

"See you next Autumn!"

As the kids noticed us more and more, I suddenly became more powerful. The children are happy again and are believing in us.

Jaime's friends were now riding across the ice with us and having a blast.