Ch 4. Time

Days turn into weeks.
Weeks of me following Caleb around, watching him and my sister bond. They hang out more. Now that I'm gone.. it's kind of sad, actually. I can't do anything, I can't talk. Because no one would hear me. I can't make a weird face. Because no one would see me.
No one knows I'm here. Keykey seems happier. She has Caleb to talk to.
But Caleb, every time he's alone. He cries.
I feel guilty for leaving him so soon. He's a mess, and he knows it. I'll tell him when I'm ready that I saw him crying at his cereal because he accidentally poured the milk in first.

One day, about a month after the funeral, my sister shows up at his flat. Carrying a plastic bag, the corner of a Black and Beige box protruding out the top of the bag.
"Caleb sit your ass down I have proposition for you." She commanded, an evil smile on her face.

Caleb sits, "What is it that you want to ask me?" He asks with a sigh.
Keykey sits and pulls out the box. "I wanted to know if Ghosts exist. So I bought this."
Caleb stares at the box, reading the words printed in bold but ominous text.
He sighs again, "so you bought a ouija board?"

"Yep." Keykey says, an evil little grin on her face.

Caleb has a concerned look on his face. "But it's like.. 11:48 am. And doesn't it have to be dark?" He asks her incredulously.

Key stares at him blankly, "... WELL THEN. OFF TO THE CLOSET WE GO!" She exclaims, making Caleb jump at her sudden outburst of energy.

"Caleb where do you keep your candles?"
Caleb sighs, "keykey were not having a ritual I don't think we need candles."

"Oh never mind, I bought my own." She says pulling a bags out of her pockets.

I snort, typical keykey. Always having everything she needs in her deep pockets.

Caleb's head whips around to where I'm standing.
"Caleb what is it?" Key asks
Caleb sighs, looking back at keykey, "nothing, I thought I heard something. That's all.."

Key grins, "ok, now get in the closet."
Caleb stares at her, unamused. "I spent 13 years in there. I'm not going back in."

"Oh, can I not make gay jokes around you now, Gaylord?" She asks,
"I know that's a last name so shut up."
I smile at them. They're trying to make each other laugh without knowing it.

Keykey pushes Caleb into the closet, throwing the box to him. "Ok, so um. I don't have the slightest clue how to use this thing."

Caleb groans, "you are such an idiot sometimes.."
Keykey grins, "it's genetic."
A slight smile appears on Caleb's face.

They sit in silence for a while, not daring to break the silence. Then keykey claps her hands, as she always does when it get uncomfortably quiet.
"So. I think we may as well just put our hands on the weird slidie piece and ask our questions to the demons and ghosties."

Caleb snorts at key's use of 'ee' in her words. "Ok fine. I'll ask a few questions."

They put their hands on the ouija piece, and then they speak.
"Ghosties and demons pleasee answer our questions!" Key exclaims

I suddenly have the urge to try to move their hands, I touch the plastic board piece. And to my surprise, it moves to the letter O.
I smile, and I move it to the K.

Caleb and keykey look at each other, apparent shock on their faces. "Caleb did you move it?" Key asks
"No, did you?"
"No!"
They look back at the board.
Caleb has an evil grin on his face, "What do you think of keykey?"

'She a bitch' I spell out, happy that I can finally speak to them.

Keykey looks distraught, "ok Rude. But what do you think of Him?"
I grin, 'Hottie'

Keykey laughs, "oooo Caleb looks like someone likes youuuu~"
Caleb's face is flushed a bright shade of red, "S..Sorry, I'm gay."

'Me too, no homo.'

Caleb's eyes become wide. "No hom- Wait. What's your name?"

I write out my name.
They're both silent, keykey stares at Caleb, "You moved it!"
Caleb shakes his head, "No I didn't."
He removes his hand, "ask him."

I try to move her hand, but I barely can. She stares at the board, "I've got to go, this was a bad idea.. I'll see you later"

She gets up, grabbing her bag of candles and walking out of his flat.

Caleb sighs, and sets his hand back on the board piece, "are you actually there Lock..?"
I smile, moving the piece to 'yes'

His cat, Loki prances in, yowls at him and walks out to her food bowl.

I stare at Caleb. I'm ready to show myself to him.
He gets up, and follows his cat to the kitchen to feed her.
I follow him, I was never much of a cat person, despite my family's ears and habits resembling those of cats. And Caleb never liked dogs, even though his family is practically just wolves. 
I had a dog, Connie. She lives with my siblings and she hates most cats, except Loki. Caleb and I always said our pets were like us, only his was the small one and mine was the large one.  At one point he even called them gay.

Caleb walks to the fridge, taking out cold fish for his cat who he spoiled rotten.
It's quiet and then..

Knock knock. . .