Chapter 29- WEST

Hey readers! In honor of MLK Day let me give y'all a chapter.

Please vote and comment! Love hearing from you guys.

.

.

.

Since I haven't visited my parents and the pack for a while, I decided to go after school since I didn't have to go to the elementary school today due to some complication.

Whatever that is.

I always loved coming home sneakily, trying to scare my parents, but I didn't pick up on Mom's scent.

Ever so present in his office, I watched as the Alpha of Noctis Luna looked overwhelmed. Dad never showed how much he was stressing, not to anyone, but I knew he was.

Dad paused, rifling through the papers, narrowing his eyes and he looked up. His cobalt blue eyes, so unlike my own landed on me.

"How long are you going to stand there without giving your old man a hug?"

I laughed, taking one step forward before Dad took three steps in five seconds, hugging me. No one would think Dad is a hugger, but it's Mom who isn't.

"Mom's not here?" I asked. Which is a huge surprise. Some occasions the pack is crazy. Most.. Most occasions, actually.

"She's visiting Julia," Dad answered. I just missed her.

"What's up this time?" I nodded at the pile of papers on his desk. Dad looks stressed. Which is something I don't ever see. Probably with Mom being out adds much to it.

"Looking for our temporary Meg replacement."

"Aunt Meg never wanted to be Beta," I sat down on Dad's comfy office couch. Uncle Bo's desk, still present because he could never be away for too long. Noctis Luna was his pack, he always told me and Mom. His "OG" pack.

"With Cole out too..." Dad trailed off, frowning a little. "I'm considering Carter?" he looked up at me. "What do you think?"

"What are the criteria for Beta?"

Dad stared at me for a second. "I don't know." 

His lips twitched as I laughed.

 Dad rubbed his temples. "This is all new to me. I don't really do titles."

"Oh, we know. Uncle Bo will probably forever call himself Beta though."

"Just someone who would do Meg and Bo's stuff," Dad pondered.

"So...a Beta." I grinned at Dad. "Fine. Beta-not-Beta. What's the hook line and sinker you'll give to these wolves if they do accept the position? How are you going to ask Carter?"

"I'll just ask?" it sounded more like a question from Dad.

"You know for a really scary Alpha, you do it so effortlessly."

"They don't teach you in school?"

"Nah that's next semester. Called how to Be a Douchebag Alpha. Heard it's stellar."

"I might need to take that class," Dad chuckled. He shrugged a little. "All I can do for you and Wyatt is teach what I know."

"You're doing great." I realized that Dad had to be an Alpha at such a young age- and he did it. So did Alpha Grayson. Both of them became Alphas in their own rights. Theo and I were privileged enough to go get an education, with out parents being encouraging on that.