Chapter 15: Take Me To The King

Jordan and Giselle

A couple days after his conversation with Devyn and me begging him to tell me how it went, Jordan finally decided to tell me about it and to say I was pissed was an understatement. How could he be so dumb and let his emotions get the best of him and say some stupid shit like " Don't call me for shit"!? That was the last thing he needed to hear only further pushing him into the black whole with these no good ass friends he has.

You best believe I cussed his ass out royally. I was so heated I almost forgot about my appointment with Dr. Jackie. Jordan damn near begged for my forgiveness and told me he gave Sincere the job of being head of Devyn's security team. I felt a little bit better knowing someone had eyes on my brother and would watch out for him. Unfortunately my darling mother called and we had to tell her about the conversation that happened at Shawn's house.

After having our ass's chewed by her I was finally able to make it out the door. It was never fun getting chastised by my mother especially at the lovely age of thirty. The verbal lashing she gave my husband was one he'd never forget. I guess being called an Impetuous Shithead! Was enough for him to think before he speaks in regards to Devyn.

About fourty-five minutes after leaving my house I was on the table in Dr. Jackie's office. Jordan and I had been trying for a baby for awhile and just wanted to make sure everything was alright with me. Like Jordan said even with Bakari it took a few tries before he came along so it was probably nothing. If anything we just needed to stop putting pressure on the both of us to have another kid and it will probably happen.

I didn't think much of it when she decided to run some test during my check-up. That was until she came into the room with a worried look on her face.

"No! No! No!....This can't be right!" She said as she held what I presumed to be my test results. Now exactly what I was being tested on was unbeknownst to me.

"What is it Doc!?" I asked.

"Oh! Gosh don't tell me I'm pregnant with twins. That's what get for making a big fuss about trying to get pregnant." I joked trying to lighten the mood. But Jackie's sad demeanor never wavered as she reached out for my hand with tears building up in her eyes. Through a shaky voice she delivered some of the worst news I had ever gotten.

*****

I hadn't stopped crying from the time she gave me the news till the time I made it home around 6:30pm. I couldn't bring myself to come home right after so I texted Jordan an exscuse and told him something came up at the club and I'd see him later. I took that time to sit near Piedmont park and cry in my car as Tamela Mann played.

Truth is I'm weak
No strength to fight
No tears to cry
Even if I tried
But still my soul
Refuses to die
One touch-will change-my life.

Take me to the king
I don't have much to bring
My heart's torn into pieces
It's my offering.

My heart ached from the news that was delivered to me hours ago. But I wasn't ready to deal with having to discuss it just yet because telling someone would only make it more real. I shoved all of the pamphlets Dr. Jackie gave me in my purse not to alarm Jordan. All of his cars were still in the garage and driveway so I knew he was home.

Sincere and Chanel usually went out around this time so they could give us our space since we spent a lot of time together in the house since they moved in until they found their own home. We told them they didn't have to always leave because we enjoyed their company but days like today I was grateful they didn't listen to us.