Chapter 15

We kept searching in all Lastation, me from the roads, Noire and Uni from the sky.

They said their oracle, Kei, was helping with the cameras, but we couldn't find anything.

Me:"Come'on, there must be something...even a small clue..."

I checked everywhere, but nothing.

Me:"Maybe he's hiding underground. But even so, it won't be easy."

It was sunset and I had no luck. I stopped in a small square to relax a little.

Me:"You can't just want to play hide-and-sick, right? What are you after?"

Suddendly I received a call from the N-Gear.

Me:"Yeah?"

Black Sister:*There's an emergency! A big horde of monsters is going to Lastation! There are tons!*

Me:"What!?"

Black Sister:*I tried to call for help, but it seems that all the other nations are under attack!*

A massive attack like that seemed useless to me. It had to be a diversion.

Me:"Fine, stay calm, I'll try to reach you and-"

And there he was. Vengeance. Standing with the arms crossed on a wall. I know it's weird since he had a skull, but I could feel him smiling.

Me:"...Uni? Change of plan. You're alone."

Black Sister:*Wait, what!? You can't just-*

Black Heart:*What is this nonsense!? What the hell are you doing!?*

Me:"I get the bigger fish."

I closed the N-Gear and transformed. I left the bike and went to him.

Vengeance:"Hey there, buddy."

Me:"I bet the monsters are a diversion for us to fight. Is it Arfoire's doing?"

Vengeance:"Yeah, you can think it like that, but do we really need to fight? I mean, beside my boss, why should we?"

Me:"Because you're a monster who killed so many innocents. You'll pay for that."

Vengeance:"Innocents? No one is really innocent after all, all people have evil inside. And trust me, I'm an expert of that. Ha ha ha ha ha!"

Me:"You psycho!"

I punched him with all I had, but when my fist hit his head, he didn't move.

Vengeance:"Hufff, if this is what you want, fine."

He punched me on the stomach and I smashed against the opposite building.

I started coughing. It was strong.

Me:"What...the..."

Vengeance:"In coming!"

He was about to fall on me, but I moved and he entered in the building.

But before I could do something, I heard the sound of gatlings.

Vengeance:"Your shotgun is cute, but try to stop these!"

He jumped out and fired with two gatlings. I immediatly rolled away and defended with my chains in a ball.

Vengeance:"Nice defense, but it won't work...with this."

I heard the gatlings to stop. Before I could see, a giant explosion broke my ball and threw me against a car.