Chapter 12

"Wait, there was a portrait of Char Hempler in the palace the day we came . Do you remember Henry?" Henry shook his head. Xander continued. "Char was your greatest advisor and the overseer of this project. He finalized everything the scientist did. The project was made on the Island Tectic. Named by it's founder." Xander pointed to Nadine.

"I found an Island, but the world has been searched in every area. My time would have known about it." Nadine stated. Xander continued "Supposedly not. It is located between Japan and Washington DC. You found it as a bolder just on the tip of the ocean. And then you commanded an operation that lifted that rock up from the sea and it became the science island. Where you sent projects of all kinds to be done there. Char took the opportunity of being the leader to the Science Island and made the 24 hour project. Supposedly all you knew about this project was that they were making a tiny parasite that would help heal and grow weak crops. It would do it's work and then die within 24 hours. Char made it a weapon of his own. When the time came for the parasite to be released you made an announcement telling America that there is no more hunger in the world due to the 24 hour project. On March of 2069. Nadine gave the order to release the project on the Island for the first actual test. When that happened two third of the world was destroyed. All of The State was consumed first then it travelled across the sea through Japan, China, Australia, parts of Africa and Europe. The only country that happened to survive was England. You see while the experiment was being tested that day Char had left and took a flight to Europe where he had owned a castle and a large peace of land. When the parasite died within that 24 hours the people panic and sought anyone for help. Char knowing what happened decided to be their liberator. He made everyone give up their weapons and all the technology was destroyed. Everyone decided to live in the 1400 again. Char became their king and he loved it."

Nadine stopped Xander for a second. She breathed in for a time and then asked. "So I died at that test. And what about the Queen of England didn't she survive?"

"No. The test was a major thing for the world. Naturally the Queen wanted to see it for herself. And all her heirs where in the parts of the world that were destroyed. So really England had no one to lead them and that is what Char wanted. You made the command, but you where tricked by your own advisor."

Nadine sighed again and then asked "what about the scientist? They must have known what was going on."

"I thought the same thing, but when I dug deeper I noticed that the scientist that did the project where also not at the test. I don't know what happened to them, but I guess Char didn't want any leaks." Nadine had a hard time adjusting to the thought of what will happen in her time period. Nadine had forgotten that Peter and Dustin where still sitting by the fire not saying a word. "Ok genius so why are we here?" It was Henry who decided to open his mouth. Xander sat back in his chair and looked his guests in the eyes. "I brought you here." Nadine's and Henry's mouths dropped and eyes intent on what he would say next. "My ancestor was Alexander Pick." Xander flipped back to the page where Nadine is lifting her hands to the crowd and announced the project. He pointed to a man behind Nadine who was about 40 and looked to be standing guard. "He is the reason you are here." Xander paused for moment to let Nadine sit back and adjust her seating. "Alexander was one of your loyal body guards. He writes in his jurnal about the possibility of Char being up to no good. He kept a record of his thoughts about Char, but he couldn't prove it. He kept saying he would tell Nadine, but he wanted proof. He said he was going to follow Char the day of the test. He followed him to England and saw Char walk into his palace with ease and skipping along. When the project was in effect it was too late for Alexander to go back and warn Nadine of Chars were abouts. When Char ordered all technology to be destroyed Alexander hid as much of it as he could into this very cave. He collected things though out the time and devoted his life to making a time machine. He wrote down everything in great detail. He had children and he told them the story of Nadine and about what had happened and he passed everything to his son making him promise that he would find a way to make the past right again. And from generation to generation Alexander's history lives on. I was so amazed by the stories, that I was determined to meet you. And here you are in my very house no less." He smiled again like a little boy. " And I didn't think I would meet your own brother. The one who made Nadine so willing."

"Xander can we get back to the part about how we got here and how we can get back." Nadine started to look annoyed at the 'fan' that was sitting in front of her. "I will show you my machine." They were all about to stand up when Ms. McTanver came in the room with biscuits and tea. "You all planning on leaving all ready. Well please donna move on me account. I just brought a little snack ti tie Xander over. He gets mighty cranky when he donna have a full belly." They got up anyway and grabbed a biscuit on the way out. Xander was last out the door and spoke something silently to Ms.McTanver. She nodded and went back to the kitchen.

Xander took the lead very slowly with his cane. Peter and Dustin took the rear and still stayed silent. Nadine wondered if they refused to speak for fear of respect or they just didn't know what to say. Nadine turned and broke the silence. "Did you two know about this history? Are you sucked into helping him." Peter looked at Dustin and then back at Nadine. They must be brothers, Nadine thought. They had the same head tilt when they thought. "We have heard of you. We just trust Xander in everything that he does and don't ask questions."

"What makes you two believe him in a way that you don't ask questions about his motives."

"This way." Xander interrupted there conversation and leaded them into a small room that was empty. The walls where about 7 feet high and lit with small torches. Xander went to one of the torches and pulled it down. From an unseen seam in the wall a small door opened. They stepped into a room that was surrounded in darkness. Then they heard a clap and light shone all over the room.