Chapter 27

Hadrian stared. Death stared right back. They had been doing this for the past twenty minutes, and neither were letting up. Marvolo had walked in a while ago, watched for a second, and immediately left. Hadrian twitched, getting annoyed.

"Forget it, I can't do it anymore." Hadrian exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air and standing up. Death smirked, feeling accomplished.

"~Master lost?!~" Draka questioned, astonished.

"~Yes he did.~" Death replied. Both Hadrian and Draka stared at him in awe.

"How can you speak Parseltongue?" Hadrian asked in English.

"I'm the one who gifted Salazar Slytherin with the ability. It's only natural that I know the language that I created." He replied smugly.

"What other things did you make then?" Hadrian asked curiously, sitting back down.

"Well, I made all of the dark creatures, where as my counterpart made all of the light ones. In fact, I created the first zoometamorphagus." He stated.

"Who was the first?"

"A man named Hadrian Harmonia. Your mother Xerthea named you after him." Death replied. Hadrian appeared confused, though only his eyes showed it.

"Why would she do that." Hadrian muttered, not really to anyone at all.

"Xerthea believed that you would do great things, just as your ancestor did. She believed that you would surpass him."

"And what did he do?" Hadrian asked. Death smiled sadly.

"That is a story for another time." He said.

"I want to know." The raven demanded. Death sighed in exasperation.

"Fine, fine. But this will take awhile." He warned.

"I don't care." Hadrian replied. Death nodded and shifted, getting into a more comfortable position.

"Hadrian Harmonia was not a kind person, however he was smart and knew right from wrong, though he did have a slight... disability, however that didn't really matter. He was a student of Merlin and learned many things, including the truth about the world. He wanted to share this truth with the rest of the magical population, however they did not accept it. They instead cast him out and sealed his magic, because he was too powerful to simply be let loose. I met him six months after his exile, however he still wanted to share the truth. I decided to let him live, and also gave him his magic back and the ability to change into any animal he wanted.

"After mastering his ability, he rounded up some wizards and witches, and all of the magical animals, and laid siege on the wizarding community in an attempt to take over. This failed however, and ended up with the discrimination of dark creatures and the death of Hadrian Harmonia. Of course, he had me on his side, so he didn't die.

"This little story doesn't really show how brilliant he actually was, so I'll tell you. Hadrian was the first ever zoometamorphagus and was able to change into whichever animal he wanted. He brought all of the magical creatures together and managed to almost completely take over the wizarding community. Not just Britain, but the whole world. And most importantly, he discovered the truth." Death finished.

"And what is the truth?" Hadrian asked. Death grinned.

"You'll have to figure that out for yourself." He replied. Hadrian scowled.

"Whatever." He muttered. Death stood and stretched, looking at the clock to see that it was already time for dinner.

"You should get going. You wouldn't want to keep Marvolo waiting."

~•~•~•~•~

September first came around quickly, which brought up the question of what Death would be doing.

"I'll only be visible to you. Everything and everyone will just pass through me." He explained.

At the platform, Hadrian met up with Draco and the other Slytherins and found a compartment. Death seemed to be doing his best to embarrass him as much as possible, by whispering things in his ear and touching him all over. Hadrian did his best to keep a straight face without looking constipated.

"How was your summer Hadrian?" Pansy flirted, sitting down next to him.

"Fine, Pansy." Hadrian replied stoically. Death was glaring at the girl now, and cast a few spells to make her look ridiculous. The girl screeched, and ran out of the compartment and to the bathroom. Death sat where she had been, sniggering.

"Tch. Idiot." Hadrian muttered.

"Did you say something Hadrian?" Draco asked, looking up from his candy.

"No." He snapped. Draco looked confused, but went back to stuffing his face with candy.

"Heh! You sure are the laughing stock here!" Death exclaimed, throwing an arm around Hadrian's shoulders. Hadrian visibly twitched, closing his eyes and trying not to stand up and scream at the white haired man. He subtly pushed the arm off, only for it to find it's way back to a part of his body that nobody should be touching.

"Wow, for a thirteen year old, you sure are big!" Death said, rubbing him.

"Hadrian, are you okay? You're kind of red in the face." Draco asked.

"I. Am. Fine." He stressed, trying to ignore his growing length. Seconds later, he stood up and walked out of the compartment, leaving Death feeling accomplished and Draco confused.

~•~•~•~•~

The sorting ceremony was boring, as the first years didn't seem to have much potential. Though, Death seemed to have a good time making fun of them. Especially the newly sorted Hufflepuff that had large glasses and buckteeth.

So far, the only thing that would make this year exciting was the escape of Sirius Black, which Hadrian thought was hilarious. Everyone thought that he was a follower of the Dark Lord, but he was actually a firm believer in Dumbledore. Though, he would have been a good asset.

A few months after school started, Hadrian followed McGonaggal in Hogsmead and learned that Sirius Black was the godfather of Harry Potter. It was then that Hadrian remembered who he had once been.

It was difficult for Hadrian. Was he Harry and Hadrian, or just Hadrian? What if his father had never taken him back, and he had grown up as Harry Potter? Would he still have been Hadrian?

Death seemed to sense his inner conflict, and left for a short while to "Death Land", or whatever it was called. This left Hadrian with a night to himself for once, free of weird albinos trying to get in his bed.

Hadrian went to sleep heavy-hearted.

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°

So I brought back the whole thing of 'Who Am I? Hadrian or Harry?' and have decided to do this for third year, since Hadrian already knows who Sirius is. Please tell me if you want me to have Sirius become dark or 'stay' light. If he turns dark I might want to pair him with Lucius, but I'm not sure. Thanks!

Amber Silverwood