0.9

𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚜

𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚊𝚕𝚔𝚜

Dustin, Lucas, and Max trailed in front of the two teens. Their flashlights lighting up the the horizon of the woods as they walked towards the large collection of the demo-dogs. Which Max was still pretty confused about.

"Hey Val." Steve said softly as they walked hand in hand behind the group of younger kids. " Are you doing good? I know that whatever happened is kinda. Traumatic." Their hands swayed slightly as she tightened her grip on the boy.

"I'm good Harrington. It could have been so much worse."  Her voice was low but still had a tinge of hope to it, she was telling the truth. It could have been awful, she could have died, Steve could have died, Lucas could have died and she couldn't have really done anything but try to fight those things off harder.

"I know, I'm glad we got through it. One step closer to the movies Sinclair." He joked lightheartedly trying to get her to smile as they walked through the dark forest trailing behind the three kids. Thankfully she let a small smile crack through her worried face and squeezed his hand a little.

"Are you sure that thing was Dart?" Lucas asked as the younger teens walked ahead of Steve and Valerie.

"Yeah has the same yellow pattern on his butt."

"But he was tiny two days ago." Max cut in with a confused look on her face. The thing was able to fit in the palms of their hands when they found it, now it's running around the woods and about the size of a large dog.

Dustin rolled his eyes, " Well he molted three times already.."

Steve's face twisted up as he listened to the kids conversation from behind, " Malted?" He asked making Dustin scoff.

"Molted. He shed his skin to make room for more growth like hornworms." Dustin explained

"Or like a Snake?" Valerie questioned the younger boy that knew so much more about reptiles than either her or Steve combined.

"Okay so when is it going to molt again?" Max asked still pretty damn confused.

"Don't know but it has to be soon and when he does he's gonna be fully grown or close enough to it."
Dustin spoke with a monotone voice as he left the rest of the group to think about the multiple monsters that are about to become fully grown Demogorgon. " So what I'm trying to sa-"

"He's gonna way more than cats." Steve mumbled still tightly gripping Valerie's hand as Lucas and Max both looked at him in confusion.

"Wait a cat?!" Lucas interrogated Dustin grabbing his shoulders and turning him to look him in the face. " Dart ate a cat?"

Dustin's face turned bright red in the dark only being illuminated by Steve's flashlight  that was pointed near the boys.

"Um nope. No cats were eaten."Dustin said quickly, lying to his friend.

"What are you talking about? You said it ate Mews." Valerie interrupted the younger boy.

Max looked at the group, " Mews? Who's Mews?" She asked the other teens.

"Mews? That's Dustin's cat. The one the thing ate." Steve remembered as he looked at Lucas' face scrunched up with anger.

"Steve!" Dustin snapped at the taller guy standing near him with Valerie still at his side.

" You kept him!" Lucas shouted at Dustin causing him to flinch slightly.

"Lucas calm down." Valerie said finally breaking away from Steve to comfort her fuming brother.

Dustin shook his head, " No. No, it's just.. He missed me! And he wanted to come home.." he mumbled

"Bullshit!" Lucas yelled back at the boy, Valerie lightly smacked his shoulder at his language.

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon!"

"Oh so you admit you it" Lucas broke from Valerie's hold to get closer to Dustin.
"Guys who cares we got to go." Max said breaking into the boys argument.

"I care! You put the party in jeopardy. You broke the rule of law!" Lucas snapped at Dustin.

"So did you!" Dustin seethed back.

" What?" Lucas asked

Dustin scoffed angrily," You told a stranger the truth!" He pointed his flashlight at Max as she stepped into the argument. Valerie and Steve broke off trying not to pay attention to the screaming but a noise from on the other side of the trees rang through their ears.

"Hey guys." Steve said as the kids voices grew louder.

"Guys! Stop it right now." Valerie shouted." There's something wrong." The noises grew louder as Steve walked towards the tree line where the sound was coming from.

"Wait why are we going towards the sound? Guys!" Max yelled as she fell behind the group as they walked further into the woods. They walked for a few minutes as the sounds grew louder. The trees were close together and thin as they edged close to a small ledge off the hill they unknowingly climbed up. Looking out over the forest  the noises continued coming from the only opening of the densely packed woods. Bright red emergency lights flickered from a building in the center of the cleared area.

"Of course it's the fucking lab." Dustin groaned as they all looked out into the monster ridden forest.

A/n
Sorry this is short but I didn't want to pack in too much shit cause I'm lazy 💖💖 hope it's good lmao