20. lockhart

     THE NEXT MORNING, THE WEASLEYS, HARRY and Harper got up very early to go to Diagon Alley to get everything they need for their next year at Hogwarts

"Now remember," Molly said, standing in front of the fire place, "just take a bit of Floo powder and speak clearly 'Diagon Alley'."

All of them nodded and Molly gestured for Fred to go first. He moved into the fireplace, taking some Floo powder in the process, before throwing it at his feet and saying, "Diagon Alley!"

Green flames rose from the ashes, surrounding him, and then he was gone.

Harper followed his example, said loud and clearly, "Diagon Alley!" and the Burrow disappeared to make way for the Leaky Cauldron.

She stumbled out of the fireplace straight into Fred's arms.

"You okay?" he asked, as he helped her steady herself.

"Yeah, all fine," Harper said, dusting her pants off.

Ron appeared behind her and was soon followed by George, who looked around rather worriedly.

"What's wrong?" Harper asked.

"Is Harry here?"

Harper narrowed her eyes. "No, I thought he was with you in the Burrow."

George went with his hand through his hair. "Harry misspoke himself, I don't know where the Floo powder has taken him."

Harper paled. "Oh Merlin."

Ron placed his hand reassuringly on her shoulder. "Don't worry, Harp, we'll find him, won't we?" he said, glancing at his brothers.

"Definitely," Fred replied, trying to stay positive. "I mean, how far could he have gone?"

• ✧ •

SPLITTING UP, INTO TWO GROUPS SO THEY could cover more ground, Ron and Harper made their way through the crowd, calling out Harry's name.