SIXTEEN.

CHAPTER SIXTEEN; WHAT WOULD YOU DO FOR LOVE

Waking up next to Jungkook had become a distant memory over the years. The first thing to disappear had been the warmth of another body on hers, then the smell of his cologne on the bedsheets washed one too many times, then the mental outlines of him on the left side of the bed, barely occupying any space, and then, in the end, the hope to roll sideways and find him there, fast asleep or already staring, had vanished as well.

So, it felt odd to find herself nestled between his arm and chest when the first sunrays broke through the window and rushed to pepper sunlight all over her face, this morning. It felt odd to listen to his calm breathing heaving up and down, odd to be embraced by his body, odd to smell his cologne back on the pillows, odd to see him there, in flesh and bone, sleeping in that shattered child-like manner of his.

Her hands were still warm when her fingertips ventured through his expression and stroked his hair back from his eyes, she smiled at the trivial pout on his lips and, if she honestly could she would like to stay like this for a little longer than a few minutes before getting up and going to work. However, the bubble could only last so long until it popped.

Careful not to wake him up, Y/N retrieved his arm from her waist and, softly sat on the side of the bed, kicking her feet to ground, carpeted to avoid the cold of winter. Reaching for the near chair and grabbing the robe plopped over it, she wrapped herself in it, still hesitating over the tempting invitation of staying in just for a little while more. And, when she found herself melting away at the tiny, breezy, warm kisses escalating from the dip of her shoulders to the columns of her neck, the struggle to get up only became tougher.

"Where are you going this early in the morning?" His voice was still heavy in sleep and his breath tickled shapes onto her skin.

"It's almost 8, I have work today."

"Take the day off." He answered simply, a dawdling smile formed itself on his lips and Y/N kind of envied the unbothered manner he said it. CEO privileges, she supposed. The brunette scoffed at his suggestion, twisting slightly to look at him. "Can't you do that?"

"I can't, not today. There's an important meeting I can't miss; my dad would kill me." Y/N sighed, bringing her hair up into a bun. She grinned softly at his unamused frown, mouthing the smallest sorry against his lips before finally getting up. "You need to get up too, and take a shower. Aren't you going to work, today?"

Jungkook stretched his limbs underneath the sheets, in a candid resemble to a cat, before sinking further into the pillows and resting his head on his hands. The early morning sun was definitely a fan of his, kissing and glowing over pale naked skin, reflecting on his hair and lashes in auburn brushes of brown down his forehead. Jungkook was made of everything golden.

"I was hoping to at least skip the morning but, since you're so determined in being such a good employee," He got a hold of her hands, intertwining their fingers and brought her close to him again. Words dipped into venomous saccharine, flowing directly towards her ears and tugging her towards him, inch by inch. "I guess I'll show up there over 11 or so..."

"Who would've wonder someone with your work ethics would ever come this far." Jungkook broke into a smile, shrugging his shoulders lazily, contesting the pretty good persuasive mechanisms he had under his belt. "Ah, I see," Y/N laughed unconvinced but her knees were already pressed against the bed and her body was already bent over his, as well as her lips were already moving against his, slow and languid. "Jungkook—" he shut her up in a longer kiss, dragging her towards the bed, hands gliding over the waist down to the ends were the robe reached her mid-thighs.