Spartacus

The woman introduced herself to Alyssa as Hippolyta, the Amazonian Queen, she bowed to her and ushered others from the jeeps. They were women, also dressed in camo gear and holding spears, shields and swords made a loose circle around them, while others chased after the birds and others carried a create that stank of a terribly strong chemical smell. Smaller men leaped passed her, clutching medical kits towards James. It took Alyssa a few minutes to notice the small men had goat legs and horns. She stared at them, remembering the bull monster only moments ago. 

"You alright?" 

Marek waved a hand in front of her, he had gained a few cuts and bruises from being tossed about in the train. She nodded, the small goat men and Amazons laid James into the jeep.

"He's out cold but he's fine," Marek said, "the, uh, Mr Tummnus guys said so." 

"Jay," She tested the nickname, "Got teleported and the life squeezed out of him." 

They watched in silence as Amazons struggled to pack those vicious birds into the back of their jeep. The satyrs rushed over to the humans, tending to wounds and trying their best at 'at the scene' medical practice. Marek watched them with a surprising interest as they moved at lightning speed to get everyone stable for the paramedics. A few goat men poked and prodded at them, applying gauze and antiseptic to any injuries they could find. Out of the corner of her eye, Alyssa saw them unpack something bright green from that chemical crate. They dropped some of the liquid and bright flames arose burning the bones and flesh of the bull men. Their 'queen' looked over the confused passengers, before turning to Alyssa and Marek. 

"It is not easy," she announced to them, "when mortals are involved." 

"Mortals?" 

"Yes, mortals, so fragile," Hippolyta said, her focus on Alyssa, "A shame, don't you think, earth goddess?"

"What?" 

"Uh, I'm here too," Marek chimed in; he forced himself into her line of sight. Hippolyta raised an eye brow and signed. "We, Amazons, care little for men, however," she paused, "we can respect the archer and medicine god." 

"What?"

The Amazonian Queen looked at them appalled. "So you, don't," she shook her head. "Chiron was right." 

"Who's Chiron?" Alyssa asked reading what Marek was thinking. Hippolyta's attention was called away and she answered. The amazons and goat men packed up their things, seeing the ambulances, police and fire trucks in the distance. "Let's go," she commanded and ushered Alyssa and Marek into the car.

"Where are you talking us?" 

"To Spartacus."

******

They drove in silence, the night had set in. The goat man introduced himself as Demetrius and his kind as a satyr. He had a phone and occasionally it went off speaking short commands on the direction they were heading in or how to deal with the birds. They drove for a total of two and a half hours, arriving at a expensive but seemingly deserted hotel. The jeeps parked alongside of each other and the doors opened simultaneously. James emerged from the jeep, wobbly and leaning on a satyr for assistance. He saw them and managed to walk towards them, he was out of breath when he reached his companions. 

"Hey." 

"Hey."

"Where are we?" he asked, definitely checking out the shapely bodies of the solider girls. 

"Welcome to Spartacus, Olympians," their queen announced and the trio were taken inside. 

"Why are people calling us that?" Marek wondered.  

Inside, the hotel was bustling with light with thousands type of creatures: satyrs, snake legged women, human bird creatures, there huge bull men, regular giants with one eyes and who knows what else. The trio stared in shock as they tried to walk around them. The satyrs pulled James away telling him he must visit Paean, Hippolyta took Alyssa telling her it was best she rested and Marek was pulled away by a very energetic dark girl. 

******

James was not a fan of hospitals as much as the next guy. The goat legged people, how the hell did I not notice that, he said to himself, pushed him into an office room that was mean to substitute for a doctor's office. The doctor, Paean, was young blonde, tall and belonged to those medical shows those girls in his school obsessed about.

"Hello," he said with a smile. "It's been a while since I treated anyone like you?"

"Ugh, excuse me?" James asked, his mother always warned him to be nice to doctors. 

"Oh, sorry," He said, "Could you lie down on the gurney for me." 

"Something wrong, doc?" 

"No," he muttered pulling James' shirt up. "Demetrius worried you had some broken ribs when the minotaurs crushed you, and please call me Paean." 

"Oh okay," James answered staring up at the ceiling, trying to ignore the cold gloved hands on his sides, by doing this he missed the green glow the doctor's hands had created. What he meant by someone like him? With all he'd seen today, he couldn't resist but to ask Paean.

"Oh that," the doctor said after checking James top to bottom. "Well, Chiron, said not to talk about that till you meet him." 

******

The girl, Thalia, would not stop talking. She was excited clearly by his presence, saying that it was too long for him to have been gone and how only he would appreciate her sense of humour. Marek nodded as she pulled him. Marek dreaded the way up on the elevator. 

"Calli will be so happy to see you," she mused. "Oh baby she missed you!" 

When the elevator went ding she pulled him and dragged him to a hotel room. Thalia couldn't have swiped the key card fast enough. "Look who I have!" 

She pushed him into a room occupied by eight other women. All different from each other in terms of appearance and dress. One was dressed elegantly, one in country styled garb, one an Emo, the other in had glow sticks and fishnet, Thalia was wearing clothes he had seen on hip hop artistes, another was in full out heavy metal or punk rock, one with dreadlocks sporting a Bob Marley T-shirt, one was dressed entirely in pink and one was dressed in fedora and slacks. Any function of communication was lost on him when they locked eyes on him, feeling the pressure he choked out one word:

"Hi."

******

Hippolyta guided her to a nice room and Alyssa reached for the TV remote and listened to the news report. There was two dead, four in serious condition and the rest were fine save a few minor injuries. The news report went in great detail on the wreckage and the carriage passengers that were laid ot and attended too before any ambulance had arrived. The reporter's went to debate on this supposed vigilante group.

Alyssa sat on the bed, reaching for the phone and dialled her home number.

"Hi mom?" she called.

"Who is this?" The voice answered, that was her father's voice! 

"Dad it's me, Alyssa!" 

"What? Miss I think you have the wrong number I don't have a daughter named Alyssa."

"But-!" He hung up. The tears came down her cheeks faster then she realised. She reached for something, the sickle, and hugged it to her chest.