A- Abuse

T.W: Abuse (emotional, physical, and referenced sexual), swearing, stabbing, fighting, don't read if something like this has ever happened to you or you are sensitive to this kind of stuff.

There is this guy who works at my favorite bookstore, I would say he's pretty cute. I would love to ask him out, but I know Jared wouldn't approve of me spending more time with someone else. I walked through the door, holding a bag with a few books I knew I'd never read, I just really wanted to see him again.

"Where were you, Evan?" Jared asked glancing back at me. I didn't want to tell him where I was, I didn't want him to try and hurt me again. "Evan, tell me, where were you?"

"Um... I w-was just at t-the b-bookstore..." I stammered walking past Jared who was laying on the couch, Jared stuck an arm out stopping me as I attempted to walk upstairs.

"What did you buy, Evan?" Jared asked grabbing the bag out of my hands. He looked through the bag, noticing all the books I knew I would never read again. "Evan, you know you'll never read this, tell me why you really going there. Did you find someone better than me?" I would love to say yes, but I knew Jared would kill me if I told him.

"N-no, J-Jared." I lied, I know he could tell that I lied. Jared got up putting down the book.

"It's okay Evan... I won't get mad, just want to know what you were doing." I knew that if I told him I liked a worker there, Jared may, no Jared would get angry and hit me again. I really didn't want to upset him so I continued to dance around the truth. I noticed Jared started to walk in my direction, I prayed that he was just walking away, but knowing Jared, this probably wasn't the case. He cornered me against the wall. "Just tell me what you were doing at the bookstore." I started to panic.

"J-J-Jared, I p-promise I-I w-wasn't doing anyt-" He slapped me as I felt the tears drip down my face. My mouth just stayed open, I felt like I couldn't close it. I just felt paralyzed I wanted to tell Jared not to hurt me and to stop but I just couldn't think. "P-please Jared stop that hu-"

"Tell me why you've been going to the bookstore so often lately, did you find someone better than me? Do you not love me anymore?!" Jared screamed in my face as I doubled over sobbing. He forcefully grabbed my face. "Look at me when I speak to you, why have you been going to that damn bookstore so fucking often."

"Jared stop, Jared please, you're hurting me." I sobbed falling to my knees. Jared pushed me to the floor sitting on top of me. "Jared... Please stop, I don't want to!" I sobbed, attempting to fight back as he attacked my neck.

"Shut up, you know you want it." Jared teased making me sob harder.

That afternoon was the worst of my life.

.

.

.

I woke up my eyes still puffy from the night before, Jared was next to me still sleeping. I got up and walked to the bathroom looking at the marks left by Jared last night, but hey, I deserved it. Right? I decided today was the day I was finally going to talk to that boy at the bookstore to at least let him know I exist. I walked to the cute little bookstore on the corner, I noticed no one was in the store but me and the cute cashier.

"You've been visiting this shop really often, why is that?" I froze turning around to face him. He must have noticed the tear streaks, handprint and hickeys I tried to cover up but he noticed, he walked over at a slightly alarming speed. My hands started to shake as I felt my face get hot. "Are you okay, dude?" I must have been crying because I felt a tear drip down my face. The man from the front of me gave me a glance of genuine concern, a face I haven't seen in a very long time.