Chapter 16: Baby Supplies

"Okay....Look, I hate to ask this, but....are we there yet?" Luke asked in a groan as you guys walk along the forest. Jane chuckles and said. "We're not far." You kept looking over at Sarah, who still hasn't said a word to either of you, worried about her.
"Look, Sarah. You can get through this. The three of us will. I promise." You said to her. "But....I'm not okay..." Sarah replied to you. "Just try. Can you do that?" Clem asked her, softly. 

"She just needs a little time, kids. Leave her be for a bit." Jane said as you give Sarah a worried look but turned away from her and walked ahead. "I don't know about this. The way she is....She's gonna cause problems." Jane mutters to you and Clem. "What happened in there? When we went in there you were ready to help, but then....something changed." Clem asked her. "Look, I'd just...I'd seen that kind of thing before. I just didn't want to stick around for the bitter end." Jane replied then she looks down at you two. "Sorry, I....I don't mean to sound harsh."

"It's okay, I get it." Clem said as you give a slight nod. "Things aren't always simple." You said. "Just because you got her put of there today, (y/n), doesn't mean you saved her. Trust me. I tried to save Jaime too. But she....gave up." Jane said then she sighs as Luke catches up to you three. "I just....I can't believe it...Soon as you guys said go, I was the first one up on the roof. Like I had already made up my mind." Luke mutters.

"Luke, you can't let it eat away at you." Jane told him. "Well, I can't forget it." Luke said as he walks up next to her. "I dragged my sister across four states. And every morning, she'd say she wasn't getting up. So I'd convince her. Or push her. Or fucking carry her, if i had to. Until this time....walkers cornered us. Forced us to the roof. And then when they kept coming....I...I couldn't make her jump. Couldn't throw her. So i tried something else, i told her she could have what she wanted. And I left her there. Jumped to the next building over by myself." Jane explained and your eyes widen in shock and horror at this.

"You left your sister?" Luke asked her in shock. "Jane....I'm really sorry." You said. "Yeah, same here." Clem said as Jane looks over her shoulder at you two. "It killed me for a long time. But I finally realized that I'd put her on a forced march through hell, when all she really wanted was for me to let her go. Sarah was that way too..." Jane said.

"Jane...." Luke said in a warning tone. 

"No regard for her own safety. Or ours." Jane said.

"I hope I did the right thing." You muttered.

Luke looks over at you and said. "I think you did." You give him a small smirk as you felt someone holding your hand. You look over and see Clem was the one who was holding your hand. He gave you a small smile as you squeezed his hand in response.
"Come on. Let's get back to your friends." Jane said and all of you continue on until you made it to the park

"Son of a bitch." Mike said in shock as all five of you make it back. "You found 'em!" He exclaims. "Yeah, I'm alittle amazed myself, to tell you the truth. If it weren't for Clem, (y/n) and Jane, well....I don't know what would've happened." Luke replied as Bonnie helps Rebecca over to you. 

"Sarah. How you doing, hon?" Rebecca asked her as Sarah walks up to her. Rebecca reaches out for her but she flinches. "That's okay, sweetie. Whenever you're ready. I'm just glad you're here." She said as Sarah walks away.

"But wait, wait. Where's Nick?" She asked as she looks around. Luke let's out a sigh then said. "Uh, Rebecca....how about we go for a walk for a minute?" Then he walks over to Rebecca and the two walk off to the side for a bit as Bonnie comes up to you and Clem. "Let's just give 'em some space. I have something I need to talk to you two about, too." She said just as you heard Rebecca crying at the news about Nick.