CHAPTER 2

AUTHOR'S NOTE: mariela_blackangel , you are mentioned in this one! 😊 As well as my other fellow Filo-CNCOwners, Glory, Angeline, and Yza. It's best to play the video while reading this chapter.

KATIE'S POV
I was gazing down at all of the people from the top of the staircase. Then, my eyes finally landed on CNCO's table, even Renato and Mama Daysi we're joining them. My heart started beating faster as I finally saw Zabdiel. I gasped and quickly hid behind the pillar beside me as Zabdiel looked in my direction. GODDAMN! THE THINGS THAT BOY MAKES ME FEEL.

"Wow! Zabdi won't know what hit him." I heard the all-too-familiar voice of one of my friends, Glory. "Sssh!" I shushed her so Mom wouldn't hear her. "¡Ay dios mío! You're not just gonna get Zabdiel's attention, Ate Katie. You're gonna get all of the chicos' attention." I heard my other friend, Angela. I just rolled my eyes at her. "Hello, Glory! Hi, Angela!" Mom greeted them. "Hello, Tita Becca!" They replied.

I sighed. Okay, this is it. Now or never. All of a sudden, "Earned It" by The Weeknd started playing. HOLY SHIT! DOES THE UNIVERSE LOVE ME OR SOMETHING?! "You can thank Ate Yza for the music." Angela said and winked at me. Yza is another friend and fellow CNCOwner as well as Angeline. Both Yza's uncle and Angeline's mom works at Sofitel as well.

I smirked and started descending the staircase in the best way that I could: posh, yet sexy.

You make it look like it's magic
'Cause I see nobody, nobody but you, you, you
I'm never confused
Hey, hey
I'm so used to being used

The entire time, my heart fluttered as all of the chicos gazed at me, Glory, and Angela. I couldn't look at them directly, but I could see that they had shocked faces through my peripherals. Now, it was time to pass by their table in front of ours.

So I love when you call unexpected
'Cause I hate when the moment's expected
So I'ma care for you, you, you
I'ma care for you, you, you, you, yeah

I flashed a gentle, yet slightly flirty, smile as I passed in front of Zabdiel. Believe me,...he noticed 😉. I could see a hint of blush appear on his cheeks. So adorable! ☺️☺️☺️

Cause girl you're perfect
You're always worth it
And you deserve it
The way you work it
'Cause girl you earned it, yeah
Girl you earned it, yeah

"Oh my god! You 3 definitely made them notice you, especially Zabdi." Angeline teased and smirked as we passed by her table. We were all sitting at different, but near tables, with our respective families. I blushed as I sat down at my family's table. That's when I noticed that from where I'm sitting, Zabdiel and I have a clear view of each other. Wow! The odds seem to be in my favor tonight. Don't screw this up, Romero. "Thanks for the music, Yza." I said as I noticed her and her family sit down at the table beside us. She gave me a teasing smile. "No problem, Mrs. De Jesús!" She cheekily replied. I just giggled at her.

Mom, Penny, and I waited until my uncles, ninang (godmother), lola (grandmother), lolo (grandfather), and cousins arrived before we got up to get our food from the massive buffet. The foods I first go to: Japanese. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE JAPANESE FOOD, ESPECIALLY SASHIMI AND SUSHI! I got some salmon and tuna sashimi, a few California maki rolls, and 2 Dynamite rolls before heading back to our table, but not before waving to dad, who was checking up on his staff and how the food service was going.