forty five

Leslie.

I can't move. I'm frozen in my thoughts.

After Zayn and Perrie share their kiss, I clap lightly and turn around. No one is sitting there anymore. Did I imagine this?

No one knows about his joke with raspberry body paint and it was him. It was his voice and I don't know how to react.

"Leslie?" I hear Sophia call, my eyes flickering to meet her gaze.

"Hey, are you alright? It looks like you've seen a ghost," she says, grabbing my hand.

"I-I'm fine," I say, nodding my head. We walk out of the church and the tall figure is leaning against a street lamp, most of the people ignoring him. Am I the only one who can see him?

"Sophia, can you see that man?" I ask, her head nodding.

"Liam said he isn't from around here," she says, my eyebrows frowning. If he was here, he couldn't have gotten that far. It can't be. Can it?

My actions think before my mind and I grab the man's wrist, his body turning to face me. He doesn't move and I can feel everyone's attention on me. Gulping my nerves, I move his hood off his head and he stays silent, breathing controlled for I can tell he's trying to stay calm.

My fingers remove the beanie and long chestnut brown curls fall from the hat, my heart beating way too fast. The man stays still and my eyes longingly look amongst him, unable to look away. His hands lay beside his hips, his long hair undoubtedly going uncut for weeks.

After I take a deep breath, my nearly shaking hands move to the sunglasses. As I move my fingers to the corners, my hands slowly pull them down. His eyes are closed and I fold the glasses, setting them in his pocket. I move my hands to the crook of his neck and he slowly opens his eyes, my eyes releasing tears that I didn't know were even there.

Wrapping my arms tightly around his neck, he moves his arms around my waist. I cry in his open arms, his head burying into my neck. I should've known. The boots are the same as well as his jeans; I'm too naïve but I can't wrap my mind around this.

"He's-" Sophia gasps, my hands tight around his shoulders.

"How is it..." someone trails, my ears hearing every confused gasp and question asked. I don't want to move. I've missed this so much.

"Come on," Liam says, most of the people walking away for I cry into his shoulder. I need this.

Our embrace goes on for minutes, feeling as if hours pass together. I don't understand how this is possible.

"I'm sorry," he whispers, my arms continuing to stay tightly wrapped around him.

"Don't be, please."

I take my arms back and cradle his bearded cheeks in my hands, his arms tight around my waist.

"You're..." he sighs, seeing his ring on my finger. I shake my head and he watches me closely.

"It's yours. I didn't want anyone and Niall told me to do this," I whisper, still confused as to what is going on.

"So you aren't with him? I saw you with him," he says, my head shaking.

"The boys tried to help but I missed you. And I don't know how the hell you are even here right now," I say, his lips parting into his beautiful smile.

"I'll explain everything. Please," he says, my head nodding.

"Come with me," I say, his head nodding. I grab his hand and lead him back to the apartment, my hand unlocking the door.